Page 13 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1112131415 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    lol...a straight dumbass. Destroying the hardware is meaningless. All of that data has already been replicated, archived and very soon will be transferred to a DVD or two for the county DA's office.
    He's doubly screwed if there's video with his system.

Most high end systems include video archiving.

Re: Aaron Hernandez Murder Investigation (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Police are back at the home of New England Patriot's tight end Aaron Hernandez today with another warrant based on evidence that "he destroyed his home security system,'' an investigator close to the case told ABC News.

The investigator, and other law enforcement sources, confirmed that the security system - which included video surveillance - was smashed intentionally.

And a cell phone used by Hernandez was handed over to investigators "in pieces'' by his attorneys, the sources said.

Police also want to know why a team of house cleaners were hired on Monday to scrub Hernandez's mansion, sources told ABC News.
    Search warrants being written up as we type.
    Vehicles, cleaning equipment, trash bins, dumpsters, uniforms, etc. Good times ahead for the local coppers.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

A couple of the folks patting themselves on the back for jumping to the conclusion that Hernandez is involved need to remember that no one here ever claimed it was impossible that he was, what I, and HR have Ben saying is that we wanted to see solid evidence before making a judgment. I still do.

Right now Hernandez is guilty of nothing. Evidence is coming out that he tried to cover up something. But a certain bloody white suit should make all of you a little less certain about what that means with regards to his guilt or innocence.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Search warrants being written up as we type.
    Vehicles, cleaning equipment, trash bins, dumpsters, uniforms, etc. Good times ahead for the local coppers.
    So how did they manage to leave the security system behind while executing the search warrant they already had?
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    A couple of the folks patting themselves on the back for jumping to the conclusion that Hernandez is involved need to remember that no one here ever claimed it was impossible that he was, what I, and HR have Ben saying is that we wanted to see solid evidence before making a judgment. I still do.

Right now Hernandez is guilty of nothing. Evidence is coming out that he tried to cover up something. But a certain bloody white suit should make all of you a little less certain about what that means with regards to his guilt or innocence.
    Ignore them.

They're trolling at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    So how did they manage to leave the security system behind while executing the search warrant they already had?
    They probably didn't have a warrant for the data on the system. Warrants are written for specific evidence, not as "come grab anything that looks like it might conceivably be a clue" tickets
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    The warrant that I'm referring to in this case pertains to the cleaning business, its related property, equipment and employees.

For you question...I have no idea, I have to go back and read a few articles as I can't remember how the original search went down. But my first guess would be that the security system may not have been explicitly written into the original warrant -- OR -- the initial search was executed via the permission of AH. In the latter case, only strong probable cause and/or evidence that a crime had been committed would allow the seizure of property.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

I agree with you. Just because it was at his house, in his car etc. doesn't mean he did it. He may have come home and discovered it. Regardless, covering it up, protecting, and/or harboring those who did it is still a crime.

Blog Entries

I see a light flickering that looks like fire from a distance, but I'm not sure.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    I see a light flickering that looks like fire from a distance, but I'm not sure.
    The wind has been fanning those flames... and the smoke is starting to burn my eyes.

This is my feeling exactly. How many other fans around the league jumped to conclusions about Ray? How many ignorant fools STILL go around saying he's a murderer? As people who have had one of our own trashed, we should know more than anyone that making rush judgements makes you look foolish.

We don't know the details. We know the security system was destroyed, but do we know anything more than it was destroyed? We don't know the why. We don't even know the who, technically. For all I know, this could have been a shakedown by past associates who he had distanced himself from. He could be catching pressure from both sides of the law.

Time will tell, but we should know better than to rush to judgement.

lol...a straight dumbass. Destroying the hardware is meaningless. All of that data has already been replicated, archived and very soon will be transferred to a DVD or two for the county DA's office.
    Maybe, maybe not. Depends on a bunch of factors. He could have destroyed the recording media to a sufficient degree that the data is unrecoverable. Since 3+ days have already passed, the relevant data could have been automatically over-written (as was the case with the bar's security system in the Big Ben rape case). And that all assumes his surveillance system is set up to archive data (likely, but not determined ATT).