Page 18 of 73 FirstFirst ... 1617181920 ... LastLast

Re: Aaron Hernandez Murder Investigation (Merged)

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    There are at least two ways to look at this, I guess.

1 - A multi-millionaire's security system is going to be high-end enough that the data (video, sound, timestamps, etc.) doesn't ever live on-site, but rather on a server somewhere in rural Texas.

2 - AH is a savvy criminal (even though his actions over the past 72 hours don't demonstrate it) and therefore has a half-ass 1990's security system with no data archiving ability whatsoever or with an auto-overwrite feature for the very purpose of NOT leaving behind/around any evidence that could be used against him at some point.

Generally, at least some local data from any network, point of service system or point of sale device is archived/backed-up somewhere. I imagine that the shelf-life of the archived data varies wildly based upon purpose and federal law.
    Home security systems with off-site or "cloud" data storage simply aren't as ubiquitous as you seem to think - even on the high-end systems. Many (probably most) commercial systems only stream video footage on closed-circuit networks. It's hyperbole to characterize a security system with on-site data archiving as "half-assed, 90s technology", but whatever. As with everything in this case, we'll know more in time.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    No they aren't, but I'll take that over a random message board poster.
    And what evidence has a message board poster given?

By this logic, you'd already have Ray doing the stabbing respective to that investigation.

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...llance-system/

This isn't some conspiracy it's what's being reported.

I'm confused why this piece of evidence is so hard to accept; he broke his phone and home surveillance system.
    Do we know that HE broke the phone & surveillance system, or do we only know that the phone & surveillance system were broken?

Is it fact that HE broke these items, or is it conjecture?

PFT, once described as a rag and lacking any credibility with the Ray deer antler story, is now being read as gospel?

Ponderous.

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    What's wrong with waiting to hear that from the police, instead of "sources".
    Well, if you wait for the facts, then you don't get to say, "I CALLED IT!" to everyone afterwards.

Of course, if the facts do come out and what you thought is refuted, there's a 50/50 chance that you'll then be saying, "I don't buy it," anyway like all the people still claiming that Ray Lewis is a murderer.

(btw, I'm using the royal "you" here, not you specifically :) )

Quote Originally Posted by OhThePossibilities View Post
    Well, if you wait for the facts, then you don't get to say, "I CALLED IT!" to everyone afterwards.

Of course, if the facts do come out and what you thought is refuted, there's a 50/50 chance that you'll then be saying, "I don't buy it," anyway like all the people still claiming that Ray Lewis is a murderer.

(btw, I'm using the royal "you" here, not you specifically :) )
    That's pretty much it. In the days before the Internet, it was mainly the old housewives doing that over the backyard fence. Now, anybody can do it. Here, watch:

Tebow did it, so he could have a better shot at the backup TE position.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

I only know of snippets from NFL network but having had one of ours judged before the evidence was in I think Ravens fans should be not only willing but absolutely staunch in their insistence for all of the evidence. That doesn't mean we shouldn't discuss things as they come out but let's not judge Hernandez yet.

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Oh, well, if it came from ESPN, it must be true.
    when ESPN is claiming to have spoken to the police for them to "confirm" it, then yes, I pretty much take that as fact. BY that burden of proof, nothing is every hard evidence. It's not like I would accept CNN's reporting as fact over ESPN, either... and even ifthey have video of Hernandez shooting the victim it could just be doctored...
    It's one thing to say that "sources" say ... BLAH, BLAH, BLAH... it's another thing entirely to say that law enforcement has confirmed.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    And what evidence has a message board poster given?
    They haven't given any evidence. That's the issue.

@lsubooger: I'm hearing there were things that happened at Florida that got covered up by Meyer that could come out w/Hernandez

Booger ‏@lsubooger

@alexmarvez dude if this is true this potentially is the 3rd time he's shot someone

iggyman555 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    This is a message board where people post their opinions. Is that too novel of a concept to grasp?
    gotta love the trolls lol

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I think a more fair representation would be to say that all signs point to Hernandez "being involved".

I don't think we know nearly enough to say that "all signs point to Hernandez" as without any qualification that statement seems to indicate that Hernandez appears to be the shooter.
    Agreed.

I would agree that a lot of this doesn't look good for Hernandez, but it's unclear still what "being involved" really means?

As the shooter?

As an accomplice?

As covering for his friends?

Or as someone being in the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong people?

Still too much left to know. Many, many people had Ray convicted based on media reports that were based solely on information provided by law enforcement.

We know how reliable a lot of that info turned out to be.....
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    PFT, once described as a rag and lacking any credibility with the Ray deer antler story, is now being read as gospel?

Ponderous.
    The PFT article links to the ABC storied posted earlier, I'm not the biggest fan of PFT's style of writing (which lends itself to sensationalism)