Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

A historical comparison of Joe Flacco through year #5- Part 3 (qualitative)

TD/INT Ratio (through year 5)

1- Aaron Rodgers (2.81)
    2- Dan Marino (2.23)
    3- Philip Rivers (2.17)
    4- Matt Ryan (2.12)
    5- Tom Brady (1.87)
    6- Joe Flacco (1.82)
    7- Donovan McNabb (1.78)
    8- Joe Montana (1.77)
    9- Ken O'brien (1.61)
    10- Carson Palmer (1.597)
    11- Bernie Kosar (1.596)
    12- Ken Anderson (1.57)

Other Hall of Famers: Kelly (1.46), Tarkenton (1.22), Young (1.19), Elway (1.10), Aikman (1.05), Griese (1.01), Namath (0.93), Fouts (0.60), Bradshaw (.59)

INT % (through year 5)

1- Aaron Rodgers (1.85%)
    2- Ken O'brien (2.16%)
    3- Joe Flacco (2.25%)
    4- Matt Ryan (2.28%)
    5- McNabb (2.31%)
    6- Matt Hasselbeck (2.34%)
    7- Bernie Kosar (2.42%)
    8- Steve McNair (2.46%)
    9- Philip Rivers (2.52%)
    10- Tom Brady (2.58%)
    11- Joe Montana (2.67%)
    12- Jeff Blake (2.75%)

Other Hall of Famers: Kelly (3.11%) Marino (3.21%), Troy Aikman (3.44%), Steve Young (3.54%), John Elway (3.57%), Namath (5.09%), Tarkenton (5.13%), Fouts (5.21%), Griese (5.26%), Bradshaw (6.60%-pitiful)

QB Rating (through year 5)

1- Aaron Rodgers (97.23)
    2- Dan Marino (95.47)
    3- Philip Rivers (92.93)
    4- Matt Ryan (90.87)
    5- Joe Montana (90.02)
    6- Roethlisberger (89.42)
    7- Carson Palmer (88.87)
    8- Daunte Culpepper (87.95)
    9- Tom Brady (87.5)
    10- Brett Favre (86.98)
    11- Joe Flacco (86.34)
    12- Matt Schaub (86.2)

Peyton Manning (14th-85.86)

Other Hall of Famers- Jim Kelly (83.5), Troy Aikman (81.00), Fran Tarkenton (78.1), Steve Young (77.26), John Elway (74.09)
    Last edited by LukeDaniel; 06-20-2013 at 11:07 AM.

Blog Entries

Re: A historical comparison of Joe Flacco through year #5- Part 3 (qualitative)

What about completion %? I'm guessing that's why his QB rating is the only stat not in the top 10.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Why not just put all 3 parts in one thread?

Agreed, I hope the mods merge the three threads.

I think this just goes to show the fantasy football mindset of many fans and talking heads. The want to see flashy numbers. Me, I'll roll with Herman Edwards' philosophy....."HELLO?!?!?!?!?! YOU PLAY! TO WIN! THE GAME!!!!!!"

I'll roll with Joe anytime. Is he the best in the NFL? I wouldn't say that. Rodgers, Manning, Brady, Brees, etc, are all damned good and have won SB's. Ben is pretty good too, I'd say he and Joe are just a notch below the other four I mentioned. But Joe is our guy, and like I said, I'll roll with him anytime. As for Matt Ryan...well....when he stops choking in the postseason, then I'll give him his due.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Why not just put all 3 parts in one thread?
    I rather see these then 3 seperate triva questions that have nothing to do with the Ravens or NFL. :grbac:

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

I hate stat comparisons to QB's who played before the middle of the last decade.

Football and passing in particular are light years different from the 90's and 80's.

There were QB's winning passing titles with QB ratings in the low 80's in the 1980's. those same ratings are considered below average now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

plus, like the wins stats, a lot of QBs don't start right away and many that do are on really bad teams. Joe came into a pretty good team and that helped him early on...

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Let me correct my self...top QB ratings were in the low 90's in the 80's and 90's...and that's considered average today.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

This is interesting, but where are these stats from? The reason I ask is because I notice the QB that most everyone thinks is the best QB in the AFC North is not listed in these lists. Is that because he didn't rank, or he was left off on purpose? Either way, that right there is some "elite" company that Joe Flacco shares, whether or not the national sports media chooses to believe so or not.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bru View Post
    This is interesting, but where are these stats from? The reason I ask is because I notice the QB that most everyone thinks is the best QB in the AFC North is not listed in these lists. Is that because he didn't rank, or he was left off on purpose? Either way, that right there is some "elite" company that Joe Flacco shares, whether or not the national sports media chooses to believe so or not.

Part one

http://russellstreetreport.com/forum...ear-5-Part-One

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bru View Post
    He's #6 in QB rating in the OP above.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I hate stat comparisons to QB's who played before the middle of the last decade.

Football and passing in particular are light years different from the 90's and 80's.

There were QB's winning passing titles with QB ratings in the low 80's in the 1980's. those same ratings are considered below average now.

I agree the comparison should be to his peers in this era and where they project; it would be much more revealing than comparisons to Troy Aikman. And honestly, that is what the writers are going to look at when they vote for the HOF.