Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: America's Game

Re: America's Game

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    Interesting...the last one had 4 interviewees. Well, those 3 were basically locks. Hope they tuck a 4th one in there, someone like Jacoby Jones, Justin Tucker, or Dennis Pitta. Just would be fun to hear yet another angle on the SB run.

EDITED - Only the last one for the Giants had 4 speakers, kind've curious why they got a 4th...
    Didn't Tucker go up to the NFL Films offices in NJ right after the Super Bowl to do an on-camera interview?

WORLD CHAMPIONS 2000 * 2012

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    Didn't Tucker go up to the NFL Films offices in NJ right after the Super Bowl to do an on-camera interview?
    That was most likely for the top 100 show, not Americas game. Tucker has been featured in the top 100 show already.

Quote Originally Posted by camdenyard View Post
    That's what was reported.

I think that was to provide commentary for the NFL Top 100. Wasn't he commenting on Pitta's feature?
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

I still think it will be awesome, and I'm looking forward to the show airing, but Ray is truly one of the worst interviews of any player in the league the vast majority of the time.

I was hoping for Harbaugh, Flacco, Reed, and Tucker...and it's disappointing that we don't have four.

Quote Originally Posted by ravensnhokies View Post
    Yea I don't think JJ and America's Game mix. He is too much of a 'jokester' type for that show.

Instead of Ray, since he already did XXXV, they should have had Reed or Suggs IMO. Since Reed is gone (in addition to his capriciousness), I guess Suggs would have been best. Siz can be serious and grounded when he wants to, but also adds that comedic tone. But I can totally understand why they would pick Ray again. It'll be awesome.

If the Ravens wouldn't have won the SB this year (say they lost in AFCC again), they would have been a perfect candidate for one of the Missing Rings teams. 5 years in a row in playoffs. 3 AFC Championship appearances with the heartache of Evans and Cundiff last year...... (although the Ravens franchise did win XXXV so that might exclude them)

In general, wonder why they haven't expanded the MR series? My take is these shows are for franchises that haven't won a SB, so obviously Browns of 86 & Eagles of 04 should have had episodes. Other prime candidates are the Oilers of 78/79 (they were the 2nd best team in the NFL those years), or Titans of 99/00. Guess you could throw in Falcons of 98, Panthers of 03, Jags of 99 (great team and were in the playoffs from 96-99), & Cards of 08 (although a little bit fluky). Have I forgotten any?? Poor Lions fans. Closet thing they got to the SB was 91 and there was no chance they were gonna beat the Skins in the NFCC. (Texans are still relatively new)
    You mentioned the 98 Falcons, but I would actually put the 98 Vikings on that show (or have they already been on?). 15-1; Great backs, great receivers, Cunningham having a renaissance. All wiped out on sure footed Gary Anderson's first miss of the year. I think they would have beaten Elway and Denver had they made it.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    I still think it will be awesome, and I'm looking forward to the show airing, but Ray is truly one of the worst interviews of any player in the league the vast majority of the time.

I was hoping for Harbaugh, Flacco, Reed, and Tucker...and it's disappointing that we don't have four.
    Agreed! I think Tucker (as others have mentioned) would have been the perfect character to play off of the heartbreak of Cundiff's shank from the year before. Oh well....

Quote Originally Posted by esmd View Post
    I think that was to provide commentary for the NFL Top 100. Wasn't he commenting on Pitta's feature?
    I remember him commenting on Jacoby Jones' feature ("I'm glad I don't have to kick to that guy!"), and on T. Sizzle's ("I can't believe some of the things that come outta that guy's mouth, sometimes!").

Quote Originally Posted by riprulz8 View Post
    You mentioned the 98 Falcons, but I would actually put the 98 Vikings on that show (or have they already been on?). 15-1; Great backs, great receivers, Cunningham having a renaissance. All wiped out on sure footed Gary Anderson's first miss of the year. I think they would have beaten Elway and Denver had they made it.
    69 Vikes, 81 Chargers, 88 Bengals, 90 Bills, & the 98 Vikes... Those are 5 MR shows so far.

Like I mentioned, my take is its for franchises that haven't won a SB. Two of the more storied franchises.. Browns in 86 or 87 and the Eagles either 80 or 04... should have had episodes. Especially since the Vikes had 2 devoted to them.

I love the series and pretty much have seen every episode (except for the 05 & 08 Steelers + 06 Colts ). I actually found the poignant Missing Rings shows more enjoyable b/c of the heartbreaking endings. The 81 Chargers just won the epic game in Miami and then had to go to the Freezer Bowl in Cincy. Joe goes 92 against Bengals in SB23. Wide Right for Bills 90. And like you said, Anderson's only miss the entire 98 season. The Browns had The Drive and The Fumble against them. 04 Eagles finally got over the hump after losing 3 NFCC in row. Those teams should be celebrated as great teams
    Last edited by ravensnhokies; 06-18-2013 at 11:38 AM.

69 Vikes, 81 Chargers, 88 Bengals, 90 Bills, & the 98 VikesThose teams should be celebrated as great teams
    But not Super teams... :p

69 Vikes, 81 Chargers, 88 Bengals, 90 Bills, & the 98 Vikes... Those are 5 MR shows so far.

Like I mentioned, my take is its for franchises that haven't won a SB. Two of the more storied franchises.. Browns in 86 or 87 and the Eagles either 80 or 04... should have had episodes. Especially since the Vikes had 2 devoted to them.

I love the series and pretty much have seen every episode (except for the 05 & 08 Steelers + 06 Colts ). I actually found the poignant Missing Rings shows more enjoyable b/c of the heartbreaking endings. The 81 Chargers just won the epic game in Miami and then had to go to the Freezer Bowl in Cincy. Joe goes 92 against Bengals in SB23. Wide Right for Bills 90. And like you said, Anderson's only miss the entire 98 season. The Browns had The Drive and The Fumble against them. 04 Eagles finally got over the hump after losing 3 NFCC in row. Those teams should be celebrated as great teams
    I really hate this narrative, honestly. It makes it sound like the only thing stopping the poor Chargers from winning it all was cold weather. Never mind the fact that the Bengals stomped them even more badly in San Diego in the regular season. Those Chargers teams in general, but especially the 1981 team that gets singled out for some reason, are very overrated.

In general, wonder why they haven't expanded the MR series? My take is these shows are for franchises that haven't won a SB, so obviously Browns of 86 & Eagles of 04 should have had episodes. Other prime candidates are the Oilers of 78/79 (they were the 2nd best team in the NFL those years), or Titans of 99/00. Guess you could throw in Falcons of 98, Panthers of 03, Jags of 99 (great team and were in the playoffs from 96-99), & Cards of 08 (although a little bit fluky). Have I forgotten any?? Poor Lions fans. Closet thing they got to the SB was 91 and there was no chance they were gonna beat the Skins in the NFCC. (Texans are still relatively new)
    +1 on Titans. I really thought they had the best team in the NFL in 2000; bad luck for them to run into our D (possibly the best in NFL history).
    They also had a great team in '08. hmm, wonder who knocked them out that year...
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)