Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Re: 23 Years?! 23 Freaking Years?!!

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    That's because mediocrity is a huge improvement over what they had before Marvin Lewis. That team had 14 straight seasons without a winning record. Since then they've had 4 in the past 8 years.

It's tough for Ravens fans to understand just how horrible the ownership of the Bengals is because we've never seen anything close to it. Imagine the Owner being the GM, his best friend running scouting for decades, his daughter and her husband being responsible for all the players contracts. Mike Brown once said in an interview that air conditioning ruined this country because it made everyone soft. This is coming from someone who grew up with a famous head coach for a father and always had a job with the family business. Brown is a moron and complete loser. The only thing he shares with his father is the family name. Hopefully those genes skipped generation and his daughter will be a lot better for the Bengals fans.
    People in Baltimore do understand. They have to look no further then Peter Angelos.

Quote Originally Posted by Dirt1 View Post
    At least the Bengals don't get a lot of hype. To me, an even worse record is the fact that the Cowboys have 1 playoff win in the past 17 years, but receive a lot of media attention and hype.
    All Cowboy playoff wins will now be viewed on the History Channel.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    It's tough for Ravens fans to understand just how horrible the ownership of the Bengals is because we've never seen anything close to it.
    Two words: Robert Irsay

While his tenure was not as bad statistically, I can't think of a worse owner in the history of the NFL. Not because he wanted to better himself and his football team, but because of the way he went about it. Baltimore went 16 years without a winning season, including the 12 we had no NFL team at all.

As for Brown, I agree with you.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries
    They have Skyline chili

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    It's going on 23 years since the Bengals have won a playoff game. 20.........................3.........................years.......
    No post from Cincy Cat. Strange - he usually takes his lumps w/ good humor in these situations...

They have had, have, will have issues, but I never look past the Bengals, especially when in their [apparently] customary game 16 post position vs. the Ravens