Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Re: 23 Years?! 23 Freaking Years?!!

Be interesting to see if they pay geno Atkins

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Well....I see that now...I thought this was a thread about the Bengals...guess I got fooled by the change-up?
    Sorry for the switch...I should have written more.

I kind of just meant the ol' "if you think THAT's bad, how about this" kind of thing.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by arnie_uk View Post
    Be interesting to see if they pay geno Atkins
    He's worth more than they're willing to pay I bet. Dude is a complete stud!

Quote Originally Posted by 4G63 View Post
    He's worth more than they're willing to pay I bet. Dude is a complete stud!
    I'd be glad to see him out of the conference lol

Blog Entries

"Here kitty kitty. A nice bowl of milk for such a good little girl. Now take your nap while the big dogs play." MEOW... Bc

How about the fact that 10 of those years they were coached by Marvin Lewis and Brown has refused to fire the guy. At least one year Marvin Lewis himself contemplated leaving and the Bengals convinced him to stay. Seriously, what has this guy accomplished on the Bengals? Is it the fact that he coached the 2000 Ravens defense? He hasn't even come close to replicating that. In fact, during most of his tenure they have been one of the worst defenses in football. People look at him like some expert picking defensive players out of the draft but 99% of them are garbage, i know they have had some good players like Atkins in the 4th rd but i'll count it as luck. Over the last couple years they have been much better defensively, but its hardly due to Lewis, its in spite of him.

justify - Marvin Lewis has done well on the Bungles in spite of Mike Brown and their front office. They finished 10-6 last year, made the playoffs the last 2 years. Their defense has finished in the top 10 the last 2 years. They also swept the division several years ago. They've had some decent drafts the last several years and many believe they'll win the AFC North this year.

Marvin Lewis had to do quite a few things right in order to accomplish that under Mike Brown.
    Ravens Nest #1, Harford County

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by FredGrau View Post
    justify - Marvin Lewis has done well on the Bungles in spite of Mike Brown and their front office. They finished 10-6 last year, made the playoffs the last 2 years. Their defense has finished in the top 10 the last 2 years. They also swept the division several years ago. They've had some decent drafts the last several years and many believe they'll win the AFC North this year.

Marvin Lewis had to do quite a few things right in order to accomplish that under Mike Brown.
    Excellent point. Marvin Lewis has proven that he's a very good NFL coach despite the issues in the playoffs. Before him the Bengals never even had a winning season under Mike Brown.

Blog Entries

This. Lewis has done a hell of a job with the organization given the dysfunctional front office he has to work with. Lewis is pretty much the *only* reason they've had the success they've had recently.

It's also a very young team. It continues to be a young team because Brown doesn't want to keep anybody who might cost him a little money.

Not so sure I agree with this. He's had some decent teams over the past 10 seasons and his record is under .500 (.497). While He is the winningest coach in bengal history, he is also the longest tenured. I do think that Marvin is a good coach, I'm not so sure he has surrounded himself with the best coaching staff(s). IMO Zimmerman needs to go. Gruden seems to be a good fit so far with Dalton, but we'll see how things progress for them.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

I know they almost always play the Ravens tough in their stadium.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I know this has nothing to do with the Bengals, but I didn't think this deserved it's own thread. NFL.com has a "Mind Blowing Stats for (which ever team they are focusing on)" and this stats blew my mind about the Bills:

Pro Football Hall of Famer Jim Kelly spent 11 seasons with the Bills, winning 110 games from 1986-1996 -- including the playoffs. In the 16 seasons since Kelly's retirement, the Bills have won 109 games -- none in the playoffs. Buffalo's last playoff appearance was following the 1999 season, a 13-year drought that represents the longest current streak in the NFL.
    In just about 1.5 times as many years since Kelly's retirement, as the years he played for the Bills, they have 1 fewer victories. 110 wins/11 years = 10 wins average per year, 109 wins/16 years = 6.8 wins average per year.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!