Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: 23 Years?! 23 Freaking Years?!!

Quote Originally Posted by Sirdowski View Post
    You could make a strong argument Mike Brown is the worst owner in the NFL, and has been for sometime. At least guys like Al Davis, Jerry Jones, and Snyder try/ied to make their teams better, despite the fact that they fail/ed miserably.

Anyone remember when the Redskins offered two first round picks for Chad Johnson when he demanded to be traded? Or Carson Palmer being forced into retirement, because of Brown's "principles".
    My favorite is when Tony Siragusa visited the Bengals as a free agent. They sent him a coach ticket and Mike Brown was there to pick him up at the airport in his Chrysler Town & Country. Goose passed and signed with the Ravens instead.

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    My favorite is when Tony Siragusa visited the Bengals as a free agent. They sent him a coach ticket and Mike Brown was there to pick him up at the airport in his Chrysler Town & Country. Goose passed and signed with the Ravens instead.
    Hahaha! I don't remember that, that's priceless.
    “Great minds discuss ideas. Average minds discuss events. Small minds discuss people.”

–Eleanor Roosevelt

iggyman555 Guest

Hahaha! I don't remember that, that's priceless.
    its in his book, funny story

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    Yup and Detroit is at 21, CHEFS at 19, THE BILLS 17 ( Holy cow Jim Kelly) and rounding out the top 5. The Brownies at 15.

It really sucks to be a Lions fan. 55 years since being in the 1957 Championship game. The Jets at 44 years with the chefs at 43 and those Brownies at 40 with the Vikes rounding out the top 5 at 36..
    Is there a link to an article (which would be interesting to read), or did you just glean these stats from a source like pro football reference?

The last time the Browns finished in front of the Steelers in the division was 1989.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Is there a link to an article (which would be interesting to read), or did you just glean these stats from a source like pro football reference?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of...eason_droughts

Anyone remember when the Redskins offered two first round picks for Chad Johnson when he demanded to be traded? Or Carson Palmer being forced into retirement, because of Brown's "principles".
    And Mike Brown wouldn't take the two 1's because he stated that Chad must honor his contract. At least he seemed to learn his lesson when Oakland offered that ridiculous deal to get a washed up Palmer. Unbelievable.

And 'experts' seem to think that the Bengals are ready to do some real damage.

Maybe but I will believe it when I see it.

Blog Entries

Andy Dalton has arm strength issues deeper down the field. They get exposed everytime the Bengals reach the playoffs. It's not like his defense didn't do it's job last year. They held down Houston pretty good for the most part. Schaub looked just as bad.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Andy Dalton has arm strength issues deeper down the field. They get exposed everytime the Bengals reach the playoffs. It's not like his defense didn't do it's job last year. They held down Houston pretty good for the most part. Schaub looked just as bad.
    I know, that is why I hate it when people are like, "If Flacco won a Superbowl, then guys like Dalton and Schaub can too." FALSE. Flacco may inconsistent, but he is more physically gifted and talented than those guys IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by Doctor View Post
    The last time the Browns finished in front of the Steelers in the division was 1989.
    Huh?!?

The Bengals (2nd) finished ahead of the Steelers (3rd) last year.

The Bengals won the division in 2009.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Huh?!?

The Bengals (2nd) finished ahead of the Steelers (3rd) last year.

The Bengals won the division in 2009.
    Ahem ... Browns

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Ahem ... Browns
    Well....I see that now...I thought this was a thread about the Bengals...guess I got fooled by the change-up?