Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Rex Ryan: "I'm a hell of a lot better football coach than I'm given credit for"

http://www.sportingnews.com/nfl/stor...oster-afc-east

"I'm a hell of a lot better football coach than I'm given credit for," Ryan told Newsday Thursday as the Jets finished their mandatory minicamp in Florham Park, N.J.

"I don't care," he continued. "I don't need the credit. But I can tell you one thing, when it's said and done, they'll look back and say, 'Oh man, this dude can coach his butt off.' And you know what? It's true. And I'll let the people that know best talk on my behalf about the kind of coach I am.

"I don't have to brag, even though statistically, I can brag about anything I've ever done defensively."

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I'm sure that's a relief to Jets fans everywhere. Good to know Rex is still Rex. Even better to know he's in New York rather than Baltimore.

Blog Entries

Re: Rex Ryan: "I'm a hell of a lot better football coach than I'm given credit for"

None of the Ryans have figured it out. Being a 'Head' Coach is not just about the defense.

You stabbed Billick in the back, rightfully got passed up for the job, in favor of John Harbaugh, who you've yet to beat, because the ineptitude of your offense rivaled the one you used to complain about when you were the DC here, and you had to watch as the QB drafted under his tenure led his team to the Super Bowl, while your QB created the 'Butt Fumble'.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Re: Rex Ryan: "I'm a hell of a lot better football coach than I'm given credit for"

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    while your QB created the 'Butt Fumble'.
    Dont forget this lil GEM!!!

Blog Entries

And to think, Rex himself said that he wanted Sanchez over Freeman, because he liked Sanchez' ability to understand concepts and read defenses.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

I've never seen anyone set themselves up for derogatory remarks than Rex.

I will admit I was one of those guys who wanted Rex to our HC, but with my impeccable 20/20 hindsight I am so glad he wasn't hired for the job. Just imagine the heartbreak we would have dealt with these past 5 seasons instead of the back to back to back to back to back playoffs run.

He is awesome as a DC, but he is the Kyle Boller of HC's.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Quote Originally Posted by Bawlamer View Post
    I've never seen anyone set themselves up for derogatory remarks than Rex.
    He gets it honest. His dad was the same blow hard, self promoting, ego maniac that Rex is today. However, the truth is that both were great DC's. Their problem is/was that neither understood that being a great DC does not mean that will equate to being a great HC.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    None of the Ryans have figured it out. Being a 'Head' Coach is not just about the defense.

You stabbed Billick in the back, rightfully got passed up for the job, in favor of John Harbaugh, who you've yet to beat, because the ineptitude of your offense rivaled the one you used to complain about when you were the DC here, and you had to watch as the QB drafted under his tenure led his team to the Super Bowl, while your QB created the 'Butt Fumble'.
    This. Rex just can't help himself, he has to constantly open his mouth and make himself look like an even bigger ass with each new quote.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Great break down Ex.

And there's still some here who prefer him to Harbs even today.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Great break down Ex.

It didn't make sense from the beginning, if you consider the reality that Bisciotti wanted to unify the locker room. How was Rex supposed to go from the shit stirrer that pointed the finger at the offense, to the guy the offensive players would play hard for?

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post

Which is something that continues to astonish me.

In a way, I suppose Rex does have three rings to only one for Harbs. Trouble is, Rex's three rings merely describe his circus.

Rex's greatest accomplishment is squeezing his head through doors.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell