Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Leave you SEAT CUSHIONS in the car....

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    It is security theater.

One well-placed bomb by the Unitas statue 20 minutes before kick-off would do as much or more damage than anything inside the stadium.

What the hell is a "clutch bag" anyway?
    Very true, seems to do more actually to stop people from bringing food/drinks in then anything else.

A clutch si a womens "handbag" generally used for nightclub type situations when dressed up. IT is very small with no over the shoulder strap. About the size of the palm of your hand, just large enough for id, money, credit cards and perhaps cigarettes.

Damn... gots to get those Roidz removed now or I won't be able to shi.... I mean sit down. Or I'll get "Roid Rage"!

BTW, just 800 yards away, you can enetr a different stadium 80 nights out of the year with virtually anything you want. They don't have an security looking at shit. Just some old lady who peeks in what ever you giver and smiles and says "Thanks Hon"... lol. It's actually kind of scary. While some of this stuff is a farce, I don't mind rules, limitations, and a general pat down on everyone on the way in to the stadium.

Maybe it's just our Gate, but we haven't been able to take in most of these items for several years. Hope it clears up some of the challenges related to what size bag/purse is oversized (now seems to be decided on the spot), but guess we'll see.

i got turned away from M&T 2 years ago for having a small camera bag with a camera inside of it taking up all of the space. i rolled my eyes at the guy and then walked 20 feet down to the next security line and got right in. hopefully, at least this puts them all on the same page.

What the hell is a "clutch bag" anyway?
    http://bravuramagazine.wordpress.com...s-clutch-time/

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I've never understood why some feel the need to bring a bunch of "stuff" to games (cue George Carlins famous routine) anyway.

Everything I need for a game can fit in my pockets. And if you're standing and cheering at the appropriate times, you're never in the seat long enough to require a seat cushion.
    Agreed! Some of these people are just ridiculous. They take so much stuff for a three hour game. Give it a rest. I am tired of waiting behind them in line.

I know one guy that takes a backpack to every game with the same stuff no matter the weather... Rain gear, sweaters, suntan lotion (good idea), binoculars, etc, etc, including a book. Really, you need to take a book to a Ravens game! He is a friend of a friend and I have been to 90-degree plus games with him and have told him to just leave his backpack and he looks at me like I am insane. Then, I end up having to wait for him while he gets his "man purse" checked getting through the gate.
    Everybody's talkin' at me; I don't hear a word they're saying; Only the echoes of my mind

I'm going where the sun keeps shining; Thru' the pouring rain; Going where the weather suits my clothes

Banking off of the North East winds; Sailing on a summer breeze; And skipping over the ocean like a stone

Quote Originally Posted by edtude View Post
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    I see this quote misapplied all the time, and it always makes me sad.

Irrespective of whether the new rules are reasonable or not, taking a seat cushion to a football game is simply NOT an "essential liberty".

I miss the days when you could bring a cooler full of beer to an O's game, but I haven't sacrificed any of my inalienable rights or freedoms because I accept that this is no longer allowed.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post

Irrespective of whether the new rules are reasonable or not, taking a seat cushion to a football game is simply NOT an "essential liberty".

I miss the days when you could bring a cooler full of beer to an O's game, but I haven't sacrificed any of my inalienable rights or freedoms because I accept that this is no longer allowed.
    :word

Yep... leaving my bag of crap at home and submitting to a pat down is hardly giving up rights. lol.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkS View Post

Oh I accept that it is no longer allowed and yes I too remember bringing a cooler full of beer into O's games.However we will have to disagree whether or not the quote is misapplied. Yes in the grand scheme of things a cushion is small and insignificant, and yes I agree that a backpack full of shit is not necessary to attend a football game. I agree that these are not "essential liberties" but small things. When people are singled out for their beliefs or groups start tracking every move that you make...oh wait!

I apologize I had no intention of turning this into a political discussion but the sheer stupidity of this rule and others for the safety that they can not provide just disgusts me

Oh I accept that it is no longer allowed and yes I too remember bringing a cooler full of beer into O's games.However we will have to disagree whether or not the quote is misapplied. Yes in the grand scheme of things a cushion is small and insignificant, and yes I agree that a backpack full of shit is not necessary to attend a football game. I agree that these are not "essential liberties" but small things. When people are singled out for their beliefs or groups start tracking every move that you make...oh wait!

I apologize I had no intention of turning this into a political discussion but the sheer stupidity of this rule and others for the safety that they can not provide just disgusts me
    I think what he's saying is you're misapplying the quote to a private entity. The quote was originally applied to the government. It has no bearing and has nothing to do with security at a sporting event.

There's no right to take whatever you want to a football game. You cannot infringe on a right you never had in the first place.

And yes, let's leave out the political commentary.

With every little bit taken can you honestly say that it has prevented anything? Just my two pennies worth.
    and you've managed to take this out of context unless the NFL has been taken over by the government...this quote deals with your rights vis-a-vis the government's power...{smdh}

don't like the rules, don't buy a ticket...

It is security theater.

One well-placed bomb by the Unitas statue 20 minutes before kick-off would do as much or more damage than anything inside the stadium.
    So would sarin gas in the subway, but that's not the focus point for security in this case.