Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Angry Leave you SEAT CUSHIONS in the car....

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...9-b6319e01f057

Really. You now can not bring in a seat cushion.

Prohibited items include, but are not limited to: purses larger than a clutch bag, coolers, briefcases, backpacks, fanny packs, cinch bags, luggage of any kind, seat cushions, computer bags and camera bags or any bag larger than the permissible size.

Attachment 1698
    Last edited by RavensQB; 06-14-2013 at 12:58 PM. Reason: Add picture.

Blog Entries

Re: Leave you SEAT CUSHIONS in the car....

I heard an interview with NFL VP of security this morning and they're rolling this out to all clubs. If you have a special need there will be on gate to deal with it. If you need a cushion for a back problem for example, they'll work with you. Otherwise they're going to restrict what can be brought into the stadium.

He referenced colleges like Ohio St, Michigan who allow you to bring basically nothing, and they've made it work. With the backpack bombings, you can't really blame them for taking proactive action.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I heard an interview with NFL VP of security this morning and they're rolling this out to all clubs. If you have a special need there will be on gate to deal with it. If you need a cushion for a back problem for example, they'll work with you. Otherwise they're going to restrict what can be brought into the stadium.
    Special needs, eh? Which gate is the hip flask gate? Seriously, they can't NOT do stuff like this after the Boston Bombing. I don't smoke [tobacco], but making smokers leave the 500s and go to some Marlboro Corral at Field Level is gonna freak more people out than a seat cushion ordinance/checkpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by knots
    you may be on to the next great invention-- stadium pants!!
    LOL - I already have a pair. Thick, wool jobbers that must have been Swedish Ski Troop pants :swe: or something - "Shtadium Pantzen," if you will. The last thing I ever bought from Sunny's Surplus. Great for January Football (literally saved my ass @ the Wild Card Beatdown in NE and a year later @ KC). Functionally waterproof, nearly impervious to pat-downs or metal detectors, pockets everywhere, belted pants leg cuffs, custom velcro fly, fabric almost 1/2 inch thick that actually gives a little cushion for the keister. One of the best 20 bucks I ever spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bru
    How about one person goes through the gate while another waits by the iron fencing surrounding the stadium to pass all of the contraband to the first person inside?
    Now why did I never think of that!? Thanks for the tip.
    Last edited by Tucker: M&T Sec 527; 06-17-2013 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker: M&T Sec 527 View Post
    (literally saved my ass @ the Wild Card Beatdown in NE and a year later @ KC).
    Yeah that KC game was a weeee bit cold. LOL

Jeff Miller (NFL chief security officer) on NFL AM talking about the new security for football stadiums. Ummmmm COM'ON man.

Total BS talk....

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    Jeff Miller (NFL chief security officer) on NFL AM talking about the new security for football stadiums. Ummmmm COM'ON man.

Total BS talk....
    Heard it. Obv, he's there as a proponent for the NFL's policy, but otherwise I thought it was pretty reasonable.

What part did you think was BS?

It is security theater.

One well-placed bomb by the Unitas statue 20 minutes before kick-off would do as much or more damage than anything inside the stadium.

What the hell is a "clutch bag" anyway?

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    It is security theater.

One well-placed bomb by the Unitas statue 20 minutes before kick-off would do as much or more damage than anything inside the stadium.

Very true, seems to do more actually to stop people from bringing food/drinks in then anything else.

A clutch si a womens "handbag" generally used for nightclub type situations when dressed up. IT is very small with no over the shoulder strap. About the size of the palm of your hand, just large enough for id, money, credit cards and perhaps cigarettes.

Damn... gots to get those Roidz removed now or I won't be able to shi.... I mean sit down. Or I'll get "Roid Rage"!

BTW, just 800 yards away, you can enetr a different stadium 80 nights out of the year with virtually anything you want. They don't have an security looking at shit. Just some old lady who peeks in what ever you giver and smiles and says "Thanks Hon"... lol. It's actually kind of scary. While some of this stuff is a farce, I don't mind rules, limitations, and a general pat down on everyone on the way in to the stadium.

Maybe it's just our Gate, but we haven't been able to take in most of these items for several years. Hope it clears up some of the challenges related to what size bag/purse is oversized (now seems to be decided on the spot), but guess we'll see.

i got turned away from M&T 2 years ago for having a small camera bag with a camera inside of it taking up all of the space. i rolled my eyes at the guy and then walked 20 feet down to the next security line and got right in. hopefully, at least this puts them all on the same page.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    http://bravuramagazine.wordpress.com...s-clutch-time/