Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Leave you SEAT CUSHIONS in the car....

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    Oh so you sit on her then.
    Left out a letter there, dintcha? :p

Blog Entries

I've only been to a couple of games (courtesy of a generous friend) & I pay no attention to concessions & such, but...

I wonder how long it'll be before someone comes up with the idea of renting out seat cushions inside the stadium--as in charge $5 plus $10 deposit, either bring 'em back to reclaim deposit or take 'em home as souvenirs.

--Mmm, that wouldn't work, you'd have jerks stealing the cushions to reclaim the deposit. Maybe just sell them for waaaay too much for one-time in-house use & take-home souvenirs...?

For all those whose tush is less than plush, you probably need something that's inflatable like some of the travel pillows on the market but folds up flat to fit in your pocket.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavensQB View Post
    Oh so you sit on her then.
    Ha, It's my own damn fault. I must've bought her 10,000 bacon/cheeseburgers, pepperoni pizzas, scrambled eggs/waffles with sausage and home fried potatoes, New York strip steaks with sour cream dripping off a baked potato, etc. Hmmm, don't remember any salads though (?) ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I've never understood why some feel the need to bring a bunch of "stuff" to games (cue George Carlins famous routine) anyway.

Everything I need for a game can fit in my pockets. And if you're standing and cheering at the appropriate times, you're never in the seat long enough to require a seat cushion.
    I'm on the last row of the lower section. We all sit on the back of our seats. Seat cushions are necessary. And it acts as a booster seat.
    I hope something can be worked out.

How about one person goes through the gate while another waits by the iron fencing surrounding the stadium to pass all of the contraband to the first person inside? Those security checkpoints are ridiculous.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    :grbac: Ridiculous statement. Everyone gives up some amount of liberty for better security. Ever try to walk out a terminal at BWI?

No one is compelling you to attend the games.

Quote Originally Posted by edtude View Post
    With every little bit taken can you honestly say that it has prevented anything? Just my two pennies worth.
    NFL is a private enterprise, free from Govt interference as to how much security the NFL wishes to supply. The NFL spends millions annually on security. NFL games are likely a juicy target for terrorists. The greater the level of security, the lesser the chance of a Boston Marathon type event. Nothing is fool-proof, however. I have a lot more confidence in the NFL's security decision-makers than someone on an internet message board who likely has no security training or experience.

I'm not thrilled about further restrictions on what I can bring in. I like having miniatures stuck in my socks, sandwiches, seat cushions, blankets, and noise-makers. I'll have to give some or all up now. BFD -- it sure beats watching the games on TV.
    Last edited by Mista T; 06-15-2013 at 11:45 PM.
    In a 2003 BBC poll that asked Brits to name the "Greatest American Ever", Mr. T came in fourth, behind ML King (3rd), Abe Lincoln (2nd) and Homer Simpson (1st).

Blog Entries

Doesn't have anything to do with security. They are just trying to limit the amount of food and alcohol that fans smuggle in as well as speed up the traffic at the gates.

Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    Doesn't have anything to do with security
    It has something to do with security. It also has something to do with liability and public relations perceptions.
    Quote Originally Posted by ballhawk View Post
    They are just trying to limit the amount of food and alcohol that fans smuggle in as well as speed up the traffic at the gates.
    That, too. Just an extra added benefit of additional revenue and positive fan experience - as in a shorter wait to get into the stadia around the league.

I read the new policy on the NFL site last night. The Ravens site has not been updated as the policy was updated a few days ago.
    No to seat cushions.
    You can bring in blankets carried over your shoulder.
    It looks like they will be selling see thru nFL totes.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I heard an interview with NFL VP of security this morning and they're rolling this out to all clubs. If you have a special need there will be on gate to deal with it. If you need a cushion for a back problem for example, they'll work with you. Otherwise they're going to restrict what can be brought into the stadium.
    Special needs, eh? Which gate is the hip flask gate? Seriously, they can't NOT do stuff like this after the Boston Bombing. I don't smoke [tobacco], but making smokers leave the 500s and go to some Marlboro Corral at Field Level is gonna freak more people out than a seat cushion ordinance/checkpoint.

Quote Originally Posted by knots
    you may be on to the next great invention-- stadium pants!!
    LOL - I already have a pair. Thick, wool jobbers that must have been Swedish Ski Troop pants :swe: or something - "Shtadium Pantzen," if you will. The last thing I ever bought from Sunny's Surplus. Great for January Football (literally saved my ass @ the Wild Card Beatdown in NE and a year later @ KC). Functionally waterproof, nearly impervious to pat-downs or metal detectors, pockets everywhere, belted pants leg cuffs, custom velcro fly, fabric almost 1/2 inch thick that actually gives a little cushion for the keister. One of the best 20 bucks I ever spent.

Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bru
    How about one person goes through the gate while another waits by the iron fencing surrounding the stadium to pass all of the contraband to the first person inside?
    Now why did I never think of that!? Thanks for the tip.
    Last edited by Tucker: M&T Sec 527; 06-17-2013 at 12:46 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tucker: M&T Sec 527 View Post
    (literally saved my ass @ the Wild Card Beatdown in NE and a year later @ KC).
    Yeah that KC game was a weeee bit cold. LOL

Jeff Miller (NFL chief security officer) on NFL AM talking about the new security for football stadiums. Ummmmm COM'ON man.

Total BS talk....

Not bad for a RUNNING BACK!!! Now that is funny.
    #FIREROMAN