Thread: UK NFL Coverage

UK NFL Coverage

I just got back from the UK and watched the coverage last week on Sky and Channel 5. It sucks that, because the 4.15 game was from Fox coverage, they couldn't show Baltimore highlights. I had to watch the bottom of the screen and finally call a board member in the US to find out what was going on! Having said that, I didn't think Sky did a bad job.

But Channel 5 - who is that Irish guy who was presenting? He looked like he'd got out of bed, not shaved, gone to the pub then come to the studio to piss off the American guy who was with him. Funny stuff! I'd rather have had him calling the game than switching to Tony Kornhole et al at ESPN. Shame they couldn't broadcast U2 and Green Day - sounded like it was good.

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

Re: UK NFL Coverage

You know I watched that Channel 5 twat.And I decided to rather watch the monday night game on NFL Game Pass on my PC,instead of having to put up
    with the look and sound of that loser.

I'm glad we didn't meet up Fells,cause I've been suffering with the stinking flu.
    {From Wed's on.The doctor asked if I had been sticking my tongue any place I shouldn't have been,while I was over in Baltimore }
    Went back to work today.But still felt like crap.Good to see you got back safely.

I was watching the Ravens live on my pc,but was having local area 2 disconnections when something important was happening.No not when there was 10 million adverts.BUt during important downs.:grbac:
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.

TD - I was in Copthorne for the first few days. I thought of contacting you, but was in London and then out with my dad the rest of the time, and didn't have time to make it into Crawley, unfortunately. Next time we're over we'll have to go for a pint or two. Hope you feel better soon, matey.

Quote Originally Posted by FellsPointRaven View Post
    TD - I was in Copthorne for the first few days. I thought of contacting you, but was in London and then out with my dad the rest of the time, and didn't have time to make it into Crawley, unfortunately. Next time we're over we'll have to go for a pint or two. Hope you feel better soon, matey.

Thats what I thought.Be happy to have a pint with you,if you bring CJ over maybe the four of us can have a meal out.I'm sure my wife would get on famously with CJ,and maybe CJ can influence Deb to becoming more of a Raven wife.;)

Gotta go,the wife has just got home looks like she has my flu bug.Time to head to the hills.

What is with this flu bug in the UK? I was in Reading last week and it seems the whole office called out sick. Here I thought they were just avoiding me.

As for catching games, Slingbox is the way to go. It worked in the UK, as well as when I headed to Romania later in the week.

John,I don't know where I picked it up from,Baltimore,Iceland,or when I returned to England.I never bumped into anyone coughing and sneezing that I know of.But if you say its going around here.Then I will take your word for it.

It just shows you,if someone brought in a lethal virus to our country.
    How quick it would wipe people out.

I'm starting to feel a little stronger,as the wife slides down the coughing and sneezing ladder of despair.[If looks could kill].

Here now ends my sick blog.

Slingbox sends a signal from your PC to a tv. (Not cheap at £179)