Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 51
  1. #16

    Re: Tomlin sending Steelers the wrong message



    Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Are you kidding? Tomlin has been there 6 years and had 2 Super Bowl appearances in that time, winning one. The Rooneys run one of the most stable ships in the NFL. They have had 3 coaches in what, 40 years? Have they even fired a coach since Chuck Noll's predecessor?

    Hate them all you want, but the Rooneys don't seem like the reactionary types and it will take more than just one or two 8-8 seasons to get Tomlin on the hot seat.
    Agreed.

    The Chin missed the playoffs 4 out of 6 years at one point and they held on to him. Tomlin will be fine unless its a mutiny and then the Rooney's may just clear out the roster before firing Mike.




  2. #17

    Re: Tomlin sending Steelers the wrong message

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post
    I was watching NFL Network (Total Access) and Heath Evans said that the Steelers are the best team in the AFC North and he likes them to win. He said that the Steelers are a "known commodity". The host says "well the Ravens are a known commodity". Heath Evans replies with a "IDK *bullsh!t* *bullsh!t*" and just completely discredited our success. For those of you who watch Game of Thrones....I wish I had Heath Evans' head on a spike. Fuckin hate that guy.
    Evans is doing exactly what he is being told by the producers (prop the National teams and diminish the others especially those that can effect the popularity/ratings/advertising of those traditional teams). He's more demonstrative because it makes him stand out more and therefore keep his job.

    Ignore him.




  3. #18

    Re: Tomlin sending Steelers the wrong message

    Steelers haven't evaluated talent well since Cowher left....Tomlin won with what Bill had on the table, and I am not convinced he can set his own.
    Way Down South in New Orleans




  4. #19
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Eastern Shore
    Posts
    2,559

    Re: Tomlin sending Steelers the wrong message

    Tomlin is a cocky SOB. I don't think cancelling the last day of OTA means anything really, but it does make you wonder what the hell he is thinking. As much as he hates losing to the ravens you would think he would use every second available to him to get his team ready for 2013. With Cincy on the upswing he is going to have all he can handle is the AFCN.
    "Screw it, let's ride"!




  5. #20

    Re: Tomlin sending Steelers the wrong message

    Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    Steelers haven't evaluated talent well since Cowher left....Tomlin won with what Bill had on the table, and I am not convinced he can set his own.
    If was up to Cowher he would've drafted Shawn Andrews instead of Ben. Regardless of whether or not its Cowher's talent, Tomlin got this team to two SB's and 3 division titles in 6 years. He's a great coach but the Steelers function as great organization from top to bottom.

    This ain't Dallas where the sun rises and sets on Jerry Jones ass.




  6. #21
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Tomlin sending Steelers the wrong message

    LOL - Tomlin just doesn't like as he says "football in shorts".

    Neither do I.

    It's baby sitting NFL style. Somewhere, Deacon Jones and Kill Bubba Kill are doing this:




    ___________________________________
    Asked Wednesday whether he can make any evaluations off of the spring workouts, Tomlin said, "We could trick ourselves into believing something that would be untrue. Football is a game that’s played in pads, so I’m not going to rush to judge or search for things to grasp onto at this time of year."
    ______________________________________


    I'D GET ARRESTED IF I PLAYED WITH THIS BUNCH. DEACON JONES


    Last edited by AirFlacco; 06-13-2013 at 10:11 PM.




  7. #22

    Re: Tomlin sending Steelers the wrong message

    Big deal, tomlin has always done what he wants, regardless of the outcome. Steelers will really have to nose dive to have the rooney's replace tomlin. If br is not in top shape, his injury problems will surface early. Tomlin may have to win without br if he gets hurt too early in the season. Then everyone will see what kind of coach he is. So far without br,steelers have done ok.




  8. #23
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    16,033
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Tomlin sending Steelers the wrong message

    Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post
    I was watching NFL Network (Total Access) and Heath Evans said that the Steelers are the best team in the AFC North and he likes them to win. He said that the Steelers are a "known commodity". The host says "well the Ravens are a known commodity". Heath Evans replies with a "IDK *bullsh!t* *bullsh!t*" and just completely discredited our success. For those of you who watch Game of Thrones....I wish I had Heath Evans' head on a spike. Fuckin hate that guy.
    The feeling is mutual because it's obvious that he hates us too.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  9. #24
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    13,453
    Blog Entries
    5

    Re: Tomlin sending Steelers the wrong message

    Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Tomlin is a cocky SOB. I don't think cancelling the last day of OTA means anything really, but it does make you wonder what the hell he is thinking. As much as he hates losing to the ravens you would think he would use every second available to him to get his team ready for 2013. With Cincy on the upswing he is going to have all he can handle is the AFCN.
    He beat us with Charlie Batch.




  10. #25
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Arbutus
    Posts
    1,875

    Re: Tomlin sending Steelers the wrong message

    Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Have they even fired a coach since Chuck Noll's predecessor?
    Bruce Arians, which seems downright retarded in hindsight.




  11. #26
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Baltimore
    Posts
    809

    Re: Tomlin sending Steelers the wrong message

    This is just stupid. Why would you not want your team to get as much practice in, and your coaches to have as much time to evaluate the team, as possible? Especially after the only team you were ahead of in your division was the Browns. And don't give me the "you can't tell anything about a player in shorts" crap. Sure it's a big difference from practicing in pads, and certain positions it really is hard to evaluate, but to suggest it's not even football like Tomlin did just makes him sound like a moron.

    I've never really thought Tomlin was much of coach. As others have said, the majority of his success comes from holdovers. He gets praise heaped on him because he coaches for one of "America's Teams" but I've never seen him do much to earn that praise. I can't wait to see how he does when LeBeau retires.

    All that being said, he could go 0-16 this year and not be fired, unless he does something like murder a Rooney.




  12. #27
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Balmer Merlin Hon
    Posts
    3,672
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Tomlin sending Steelers the wrong message

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    Evans is doing exactly what he is being told by the producers (prop the National teams and diminish the others especially those that can effect the popularity/ratings/advertising of those traditional teams). He's more demonstrative because it makes him stand out more and therefore keep his job.

    Ignore him.
    Dingdingdingding! We have uh WINNAH!

    Once one realizes that everything in contemporary society--everything--is about MONEY, & that media earn their MONEY through selling ads, & that advertisers pay good MONEY for ads based on the number of potential customers watching, particularly those in the all-important easily-conned-into-paying-too-much-MONEY-for-any-new-glittery-thing demographic, & that those in this target group are mostly bandwagon fans of successful franchises making up for the general misery of their real lives & love to be told what they want to be true because they are unable or unwilling to separate fact from fantasy & will tune in to listen to it,...then it becomes easy to laugh off jokers like Evans & Skip Brainless as pale gridiron imitation of WWE announcers.




  13. #28
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Deep in the bowels of Maryland suburbia
    Posts
    1,981

    Re: Tomlin sending Steelers the wrong message

    So the Steelers cut their June mini-camp practice short by a single day. BFD. Means absolutely nothing.

    June is one slow month for football news.




  14. #29

    Re: Tomlin sending Steelers the wrong message

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    He beat us with Charlie Batch.
    And lost to Tim Tebow. Your point?




  15. #30

    Re: Tomlin sending Steelers the wrong message

    Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    So the Steelers cut their June mini-camp practice short by a single day. BFD. Means absolutely nothing.

    June is one slow month for football news.
    You're missing what I'm saying. I'm not saying this is the doom of the Steelers lol. I'm saying that when you have as many question marks as they do it's not a good way to motivate your team. If anything they should be pushing to be on the field more
    Formerly runrayrun27

    Twitter: @cjacks17





Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland