Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Strange Bru View Post
    Yes, but the Super Bowl successes came from the coaches and players acquired during Cowher's tenure. If they want to keep him around, I am all for it. Because as a HC Tomlin has done nothing. All of the aging players that are on that team are from Cowher's time in Pitt.

http://www.steelers.com/team/coaches.html

Coaching staff:
    Mike Tomlin - HC - 5 years (according to the Steelers official site)
    John Mittchell - AHC/Defensive Line - 18 years
    Todd Haley - OC - 1 year
    Dick LeBeau - DC - 8 years (2nd time around from stint in the mid 1990's)
    Danny Smith - STC - His info didn't come up (IT glitch)
    Keith Butler - LB coach - 9 years
    James Daniel - TE coach - 8 years
    Randy Fichtner - WR coach - 5 years
    Carnell Lake - DB coach - 1 year
    Jack Bicknell Jr - OL coach - His info didn't come up (IT glitch)

It starts getting spotty for info at this point, but most of the coaches that the Steelers have were hired by someone else.

Players (starters) from Cowher's time in Pitt.:
    Ben Roethlisberger - 10 years
    Heath Miller - 8 years
    Brett Keisel - 12 years
    LaMarr Woodley - 7 years
    Larry Foote - 12 years
    Lawrence Timmons - 7 years
    Ryan Clark - 12 years
    Troy Polamalu - 11 years
    Ike Taylor - 11 years

That is all of their stars, they even have resigned Plexico Burress for back up. The Steelers may have 3-4 guys that were drafted during Tomlins time as HC that would be considered good, but what has he done in the past 5 years?

The Ravens have been to the AFC Championship game 3 times in 5 years won one SB and should have been to the SB last year if not for a dropped pass/missed FG.

I think that we found out last year when Chuck Pagano went out as the HC for the Indy Colts, and the OC stepped in as the interim HC, that it was Bruce Arians was the real brains of the Steelers coaching staff in the past. Arians led the Colts to a 9-3 record while Pagano was out, he basically won one more game as the interim HC of the Colts, with a rookie QB, than Mike Tomlin did as the Steelers HC, with a veteran QB.

You can think I am a hater all you want, but I am looking at the facts.

There were only 6 players on the Ravens 2012 SB winning team that were a bridge from the Brian Billick era (2 have retired and Ed Reed is now with the Texans), there are at least 9 players on the Steelers roster from when Bill Cowher was the HC (and they will all be on this up coming seasons depth chart).
    Not one bit of this proves Tomlin is on the hot seat.

Re: Tomlin sending Steelers the wrong message

Just to throw it out there I wasn't suggesting Tomlin's in the hot seat. Nor am I saying this is going to do them. They are coming off a shit season (for the Steelers 8-8 is shit) and they have A LOT of bugs to work out. Comparison to New England is different. This is not a smooth offseason for the Steelers. They have question marks in a lot of places. I'm just saying that when this is the case taking a day off even if it's someone as small as a film study day is sending the wrong message to the players.

I'd expect my coach to have me on the field as much as possible
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

I think Tomlin, Belichick and Harbaugh are the top 3 coaches in the league.
    For those wondering I meant John.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Are you kidding? Tomlin has been there 6 years and had 2 Super Bowl appearances in that time, winning one. The Rooneys run one of the most stable ships in the NFL. They have had 3 coaches in what, 40 years? Have they even fired a coach since Chuck Noll's predecessor?

Hate them all you want, but the Rooneys don't seem like the reactionary types and it will take more than just one or two 8-8 seasons to get Tomlin on the hot seat.
    Agreed.

The Chin missed the playoffs 4 out of 6 years at one point and they held on to him. Tomlin will be fine unless its a mutiny and then the Rooney's may just clear out the roster before firing Mike.

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post
    I was watching NFL Network (Total Access) and Heath Evans said that the Steelers are the best team in the AFC North and he likes them to win. He said that the Steelers are a "known commodity". The host says "well the Ravens are a known commodity". Heath Evans replies with a "IDK *bullsh!t* *bullsh!t*" and just completely discredited our success. For those of you who watch Game of Thrones....I wish I had Heath Evans' head on a spike. Fuckin hate that guy.
    Evans is doing exactly what he is being told by the producers (prop the National teams and diminish the others especially those that can effect the popularity/ratings/advertising of those traditional teams). He's more demonstrative because it makes him stand out more and therefore keep his job.

Ignore him.

Steelers haven't evaluated talent well since Cowher left....Tomlin won with what Bill had on the table, and I am not convinced he can set his own.
    Way Down South in New Orleans

Tomlin is a cocky SOB. I don't think cancelling the last day of OTA means anything really, but it does make you wonder what the hell he is thinking. As much as he hates losing to the ravens you would think he would use every second available to him to get his team ready for 2013. With Cincy on the upswing he is going to have all he can handle is the AFCN.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by NOLARavenFAN View Post
    Steelers haven't evaluated talent well since Cowher left....Tomlin won with what Bill had on the table, and I am not convinced he can set his own.
    If was up to Cowher he would've drafted Shawn Andrews instead of Ben. Regardless of whether or not its Cowher's talent, Tomlin got this team to two SB's and 3 division titles in 6 years. He's a great coach but the Steelers function as great organization from top to bottom.

This ain't Dallas where the sun rises and sets on Jerry Jones ass.

Blog Entries

LOL - Tomlin just doesn't like as he says "football in shorts".

Neither do I.

It's baby sitting NFL style. Somewhere, Deacon Jones and Kill Bubba Kill are doing this:

Asked Wednesday whether he can make any evaluations off of the spring workouts, Tomlin said, "We could trick ourselves into believing something that would be untrue. Football is a game that’s played in pads, so I’m not going to rush to judge or search for things to grasp onto at this time of year."

I'D GET ARRESTED IF I PLAYED WITH THIS BUNCH. DEACON JONES

:)
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 06-13-2013 at 10:11 PM.

Big deal, tomlin has always done what he wants, regardless of the outcome. Steelers will really have to nose dive to have the rooney's replace tomlin. If br is not in top shape, his injury problems will surface early. Tomlin may have to win without br if he gets hurt too early in the season. Then everyone will see what kind of coach he is. So far without br,steelers have done ok.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Spider Webb View Post
    I was watching NFL Network (Total Access) and Heath Evans said that the Steelers are the best team in the AFC North and he likes them to win. He said that the Steelers are a "known commodity". The host says "well the Ravens are a known commodity". Heath Evans replies with a "IDK *bullsh!t* *bullsh!t*" and just completely discredited our success. For those of you who watch Game of Thrones....I wish I had Heath Evans' head on a spike. Fuckin hate that guy.
    The feeling is mutual because it's obvious that he hates us too.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lowrider View Post
    Tomlin is a cocky SOB. I don't think cancelling the last day of OTA means anything really, but it does make you wonder what the hell he is thinking. As much as he hates losing to the ravens you would think he would use every second available to him to get his team ready for 2013. With Cincy on the upswing he is going to have all he can handle is the AFCN.
    He beat us with Charlie Batch.