Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

OT - Trip to Baltimore for Ravens/Patriots

Hey guys,

Looking for some help. Me and a buddy are planning to make a trip down to Baltimore for the December 22nd game against New England. We're coming from Canada so it's quite a ways and we've never been to Baltimore. Looking for travel information. Such as the best place to stay in terms of location for night life and to get to the game easily, but avoid as much traffic as possible. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks lads
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

What kind of night life do you prefer?

Re: OT - Trip to Baltimore for Ravens/Patriots

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    What kind of night life do you prefer?
    Preferably a pub just to have a couple beers and hangout with Ravens fans (my buddies a Pats fan which would make it great if it was all Ravens fans haha)
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    Preferably a pub just to have a couple beers and hangout with Ravens fans (my buddies a Pats fan which would make it great if it was all Ravens fans haha)
    Any place you go in the city will be filled with purple on game days so you won't need to worry there.

And it's a town filled with pubs so no worries there either.

It really depends on what kind of pub you're into. I like craft beers and a chill atmosphere and great restaurants near by. I favor Fells Point in that regard.

But if you like a more cultural / artsy environment, Mt Vernon may be better for you.

There are plenty of bars within walking distance to the stadium but they won't be chill on gameday. Federal Hill is a short distance from the stadium and packed with bars, but they get jammed up. You could go to the ones downtown closer to Camden Yards and Pratt Street. Pickle's/Slider's is a lot of fun but again, they'll be crowded on game day. Walk a little further down Pratt and you'll find the Pratt Street Ale House which is pretty cool.

Fells Point and Mt. Vernon are great, but too far to walk to the stadium so you'd need to cab it and public transportation/cabs aren't the greatest or very reliable in Baltimore.

Blog Entries

Hey guys,

Looking for some help. Me and a buddy are planning to make a trip down to Baltimore for the December 22nd game against New England. We're coming from Canada so it's quite a ways and we've never been to Baltimore. Looking for travel information. Such as the best place to stay in terms of location for night life and to get to the game easily, but avoid as much traffic as possible. Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks lads
    Just curious, what part of Canada?

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Just curious, what part of Canada?

Ontario. Right in the nations capital actually. Are you in Canada as well? Not too many Ravens fans up here
    - Ray Lewis

Thanks a lot guys! Any advice on hotels? I've been looking at ones right downtown. Was going to arrive Saturday mid-day to avoid gameday traffic and stay till Monday to avoid post-game traffic (It's a Sunday night game)
    - Ray Lewis

Blog Entries

Sheraton Inner Harbor. Nice hotel easy walking distance to the stadium, as well as FedHill where you'll find Mothers, Ropewalk and etc... for nightlife. Fells is a 5 min drive with it's plethora of nightlife also.

Not sure what your budget is, but this hotel is awesome. http://www.monaco-baltimore.com/ I am a huge fan of Kimpton hotels in general. They know how to treat their guests.

Walkable to the stadium as well as to the Inner Harbor, and it has a great restaurant in it. They often run specials, so if it looks too pricey for you, keep checking back.
    "Chin up, chest out."

Thanks a lot guys! Any advice on hotels? I've been looking at ones right downtown. Was going to arrive Saturday mid-day to avoid gameday traffic and stay till Monday to avoid post-game traffic (It's a Sunday night game)
    I travel back to Baltimore often and always stay at the hotels in Harbor East -- Hilton Garden Inn, Homewood Suites, Courtyard Marriott.

Always affordable and puts you right in the middle of everything -- Fells Point is a short walk east, stadiums are a short walk west, harbor is two blocks away, great restaurants within blocks of one another in and around Harbor East and Little Italy, etc.

I'd stay away from the harbor. Very touristy and not as fun as the neighborhoods (i.e. Fells, Canton, Mt Vernon, etc)

I disagree with Losac's comment about transportation. The Charm City Circulator will take you within blocks of the stadium complex if you're not up for the walk. It's free, reliable and runs late at night.

Blog Entries

Ontario. Right in the nations capital actually. Are you in Canada as well? Not too many Ravens fans up here
    No I'm in North Carolina. I was asking cause I work for a company on the Canadian side, just curios was all.