Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    Blog Entries
    Dallas could use him too. They have plenty of cap space to do it

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Re: Broncos release McGahee

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Always have a lot of respect for the guy, very tough player.
    In the AFCC at Pittsburgh, Joe's rookie year, Willis pass-blocked like a hero in the 4th quarter. Really played his ass off before Ryan Clark knocked him out of the game with that helmet-to-helmet shot.

People talked about a "dog house" with him that year, but he dealt with a lot of shit to get ready to play. Torn eyelid, etc. He completely won me over with his gutty performance in that AFCC.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    In the AFCC at Pittsburgh, Joe's rookie year, Willis pass-blocked like a hero in the 4th quarter. Really played his ass off before Ryan Clark knocked him out of the game with that helmet-to-helmet shot.

People talked about a "dog house" with him that year, but he dealt with a lot of shit to get ready to play. Torn eyelid, etc. He completely won me over with his gutty performance in that AFCC.
    I agree...I liked him before, but he gained a ton of respect from me in that game. He never had a lot of room to run the ball, but the way he competed blocking...something most big name RB's aren't good at or hate doing was very impressive.

Only thing that annoyed me with him was that he fumbled the ball too much for my taste.

But he was a very good Raven IMHO while he was here. Everybody knew he and Harbs weren't the best of friends and he felt he should have been playing more, but he didn't rock the boat in the locker room.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post

That was the football I loved to watch. Back when we had the triple threat of Le'Ron, Rice, and McGahee.

Quote Originally Posted by CodyPKA View Post
    Pittsburgh would be stupid to not pick him up. who the hell is running the ball for them this year?
    They drafted an RB in the second round. A pretty good one at that.

Redman is healthy again as well.

I doubt they're going to go into camp carrying four RB's and McGahee is ancient in terms of age.

Bucs or Cowboys are my picks.

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

I will never forget him and Le Ron helping to turn out the lights in the Cowboys old stadium. You can never get tired looking at Jerry Jones's face on the sideline near the end of the game. They thought we'd be some push over and an easy W to close out the old place. As for where he winds up hopefully it will be with a contender and preferrably in the NFC.... would not want to go up against him in January LOL.