Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Re: Cam Cameron got a ring

Cam must feel like Jimmy Carter at Ronald Reagan's inauguration. He deserved the ring as combat pay.

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    $5-10k
    I doubt that seriously because the fan ring that is available in white gold and diamonds (like the real ring) is $3,200 and it was only 10 karats or something. The real ring is 243 karats.

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    I doubt that seriously because the fan ring that is available in white gold and diamonds (like the real ring) is $3,200 and it was only 10 karats or something. The real ring is 243 karats.
    http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...-ring-ceremony

I'm not a jeweler; I just go by what's been written.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    http://espn.go.com/blog/afcnorth/pos...-ring-ceremony

I'm not a jeweler; I just go by what's been written.

It really depends on whose ring it is. The ring belonging to a fired offensive Coordinator probably is worth $5-$10k. Not sure that Cam Cameron's name adds a darn thing to the actual material value of the ring.

If that was Joe Flacco's or Ray Lewis' or maybe even Ed Reed's ring (not that they would ever hit the market) are probably worth 7-10 times that amount. If you ever watch Pawn Stars, they have old Super Bowl rings all the time on there. If you watch that show, they will tell you that WHO it belongs too means everything. I would think that a ring belonging even to a obscure player off that team (Sean Considine or Morgan Cox for instance) would be worth 12-15k, simply because they actually played in the Super Bowl.

Blog Entries

Giving the ring to his stepdad is a good move all around. Among other things it gets the bling out of sight & out of mind...& in the fullness of time, when Coach Harp passes, you know he'll make sure it comes back to Cam, when the years will have softened the memories & he can treasure it not for how things ended here but for what he helped to build.

You folks of a Judeo-Christian bent might want to recall that Moses may have led the Israelites out of Egypt but You-know-Who wasn't letting him into the Promised Land either. Not saying anything about Cameron & bull rushes :grbac: but...

Quote Originally Posted by LukeDaniel View Post
    It really depends on whose ring it is. The ring belonging to a fired offensive Coordinator probably is worth $5-$10k. Not sure that Cam Cameron's name adds a darn thing to the actual material value of the ring.

If that was Joe Flacco's or Ray Lewis' or maybe even Ed Reed's ring (not that they would ever hit the market) are probably worth 7-10 times that amount. If you ever watch Pawn Stars, they have old Super Bowl rings all the time on there. If you watch that show, they will tell you that WHO it belongs too means everything. I would think that a ring belonging even to a obscure player off that team (Sean Considine or Morgan Cox for instance) would be worth 12-15k, simply because they actually played in the Super Bowl.
    Ray Lewis' would be worth a fortune! The ring he earns in his ultimate game, the final game of his career, the Super Bowl, one of the finest and most respected players in NFL history. I bet it would fetch over 100k on a good day.

Blog Entries

I don't suppose there's a definitive list of who got rings. Not that I would expect one, but I am kinda curious.

I wonder if there's a ready reference for every player who was on the 53-man at one time or another during the year, or for every player that was active for at least one RS or PO game. I'm curious as to how many players that would come to.

You'd think that one of those lists would be the basis for which players got rings so that no one would have reason to feel personally slighted. My guess would be that, minimally, the final 53 plus anyone who saw the field for (some minimum number of plays for) the Ravens in a 2012 or regular season game; maximally, anyone who was ever on the 53-man roster during the season. I wonder what the difference in numbers would be.

(I know I could probably put those lists together from transactions reports and game-day inactives in the game threads, but I don't have the time to accompany my curiosity...)
    Last edited by lobachevsky; 06-12-2013 at 05:03 PM. Reason: rethinking a bit

I'm actually OK with this. Plus, it fits out M.O. as an organization. Is it clear Cam was the biggest thing holding back our offense, and is it pretty bad that we instantly won a championship without him? Yes and yes. But he was instrumental in making Joe into the solid player that became good to great on his own.

Plus, he's only said the right things since he left. I believe him when he says he still roots for us and Joe. He a decent guy who laid an important groundwork. He can't help that he was an albatross but management didn't fire him sooner.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Cam was good for Joe's first 3yrs of developing him, bringing him along slowly to the speed of the NFL because of how things played out that made Flacco the starter. To take that next step Cam just couldn't do that with Joe he wouldn't let him make those mistakes in order to grow into what we have now he would pull the plug the minute something went not according to plan. For this Offense and Joe to grow Cam had to go nothin wrong with getting a ring after all if Lee Evans or Cundiff didn't fuck up the season before we would have been to the superbowl and Cam was still the OC then. There wasn't any bad blood for him not to get one; class move by a classy organization and Cam's gesture was classy as well.

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    I'm actually OK with this. Plus, it fits out M.O. as an organization. Is it clear Cam was the biggest thing holding back our offense, and is it pretty bad that we instantly won a championship without him? Yes and yes. But he was instrumental in making Joe into the solid player that became good to great on his own.

Plus, he's only said the right things since he left. I believe him when he says he still roots for us and Joe. He a decent guy who laid an important groundwork. He can't help that he was an albatross but management didn't fire him sooner.
    All true. I got no energy to hate on the guy anymore. He can't hurt us from Baton Rouge.

But I will say this much: that seals it.... I'm ordering a freaking "Fan Ring!"

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Jsmoove View Post
    Cam was good for Joe's first 3yrs of developing him, bringing him along slowly to the speed of the NFL because of how things played out that made Flacco the starter. To take that next step Cam just couldn't do that with Joe he wouldn't let him make those mistakes in order to grow into what we have now he would pull the plug the minute something went not according to plan. For this Offense and Joe to grow Cam had to go nothin wrong with getting a ring after all if Lee Evans or Cundiff didn't fuck up the season before we would have been to the superbowl and Cam was still the OC then. There wasn't any bad blood for him not to get one; class move by a classy organization and Cam's gesture was classy as well.
    Well put. Sometimes when you look at QBs that struggle you only have to look at the constant turnover in OC or head coach. Some of these guys don't have a chance because they're learning a new system every year. Look at Jacksonville - four years four new head coaches. You can never win that way.

Cam for all his faults was good for Joe and allowed him to grow into the role. Joe showed us he can now read defenses, adjust, audible with the best of them.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Well put. Sometimes when you look at QBs that struggle you only have to look at the constant turnover in OC or head coach. Some of these guys don't have a chance because they're learning a new system every year. Look at Jacksonville - four years four new head coaches. You can never win that way.

Cam for all his faults was good for Joe and allowed him to grow into the role. Joe showed us he can now read defenses, adjust, audible with the best of them.
    Amen brotha amen