Page 9 of 33 FirstFirst ... 7891011 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Goodbye Vontae Leach

I wouldn't be surprised to see Houston make a run at him. Run heavy team, on the verge of next step, plus it was the place he was with that got him the contract from the Ravens. He already retweeted someone begging the Texans GM to give him a phone call.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    Ravens re-sign TE Bajema. presumably a blocking te.
    Leach earned his ring and I wish him the best and would be glad to see him return.
    FWIW, Bajema was a good guy to have around last year, and should provide the blocking depth we'd need.
    Immediate competition for Furstenburg to make the roster.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Blog Entries

Bajema makes sense and knows the offense; but his blocking leaves a lot to be desired. He just wasn't that effective, I hope they can work on his technique and get him lower using leverage.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Could see a team like the Vikes taking a big look see. AP running behind that bruiser? Yes please lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Vikings don't really use a FB. Peterson has mostly run out of single back formations.
    The Vikings have a very good FB in Jerome Felton.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Re: Goodbye Vonta Leach

I actually think the Patriots may sign Leach. They've been trying to get their ground game going for a few seasons now and he'd be a good catalyst for that.

Atlanta may be another potential landing spot. Leach as a lead blocker for Steven Jackson is a very powerful backfield.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by JustaslowZ06 View Post
    Could see a team like the Vikes taking a big look see. AP running behind that bruiser? Yes please lol.
    Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Vikings don't really use a FB. Peterson has mostly run out of single back formations.
    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The Vikings have a very good FB in Jerome Felton.

Felton was elected to the pro-bowl this year AND signed a 3 yr $7.5 million contract in March. There is a better chance the Vikings sign Wicked then Vonta Leach. :)

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I wouldn't be surprised to see Houston make a run at him. Run heavy team, on the verge of next step, plus it was the place he was with that got him the contract from the Ravens. He already retweeted someone begging the Texans GM to give him a phone call.
    Houston is where he'd like to return. Also would like to play for Broncos, Cowboys, and Bengals....

Blog Entries

I think Indy might make sense...

Blog Entries

I didn't realize the Texans signed Greg Jones...

Here's hoping it's not the Bengals or Steelers. Sounds like even if the Browns want him, he wouldn't go.

Crossing fingers for Cowboys...

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I just figured they'd give Juice a year to come along – probably a combination of him looking good in practice plus lessening the FB role.
    I think it also means that they like Furstenberg. I was hoping there was a way to keep both Juice and Furstenberg, but it didn't seem to make sense to keep 2 FBs and 3 TEs on the roster. Now there's room for both rookies.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    What, Suggs returning from a torn achilles isn't tough, hard-nosed enough for you? Ngata playing through knee pain all season long in the trenches? Flacco getting the shit beat out of him because the OL stunk and never missing a game? Rice? Webb? Yanda? KO?

Those guys don't play hard-nosed, physical football?

Yes, losing Leach and Ray, Matt, and Ed suck, but everyone acting like the Ravens are being turned into a bunch of softees needs to go take a lap.
    No, those players are not enough for me. I hope that Suggs and Ngata return to their 2011 form this year, but that is TBD. Even with those guys, the Ravens were getting pushed around a few years ago. That was the catalyst for them to go out and get players like Boldin, Pollard, and Leach in the first place. I am very happy that McKinnie was re-signed, because his presence solidifies that OL. I am not saying that the Ravens will definitely be less successful, but they do look much more like a finesse team after this off-season.

I am talking about the identity of the team. The 2013 Ravens look more like the Patriots than Ravens teams of the past. The Patriots are a very successful team, but in a tough, physical, street fight of a game, I would prefer the traditional Ravens teams.
    Last edited by Dirt1; 06-11-2013 at 02:35 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    I think it also means that they like Furstenberg. I was hoping there was a way to keep both Juice and Furstenberg, but it didn't seem to make sense to keep 2 FBs and 3 TEs on the roster. Now there's room for both rookies.
    Completely forgot that they signed Furst; would love to see him make the team. Hope he can beat out Bajema because that's likely what it will take.

Titan fans are hoping to land Leach