Page 8 of 33 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Re: Goodbye Vontae Leach

I said before and I'll say it again...with the direction this team and offense is going, Leach was become more and more of a luxury than a "need".

Players who aren't stand outs on special teams and are only on the field for 40% of one side of the balls plays should not be making $3 million and have cap numbers of $4 million.

Caldwell ran a one back offense in Indy, we just paid our QB a shit load of money with the inference that this is going to be his offense, and this allows for a lot more 2 TE, 2 WR sets which is the direction we all sensed the team wanted to go.

I don't see him coming back either despite Ozzie's words unless Leach wants to come back for around $1 million...and I think he'll do better than that on the open market.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Re: Goodbye Vonta Leach

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    This smells of Ozzie doing the "cut then re-sign" move.

Starting to look like Vonta thought he was worth more than he what the market will demand.

I am fairly certain that one of the 31 possible suitors will offer him more than Ozzie is willing to through a combination of a) bad GMs who will pay over the odds and b) teams who can afford to overpay because of their benign cap situation. The Bengals could afford to pay him $5m this year without blinking. I highly doubt Leach is coming back.

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    This smells of Ozzie doing the "cut then re-sign" move.

Starting to look like Vonta thought he was worth more than he what the market will demand.
    He played hardball....

he is officially cut...sad to see him go, hope he comes back:
    http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...t-vonta-leach/
    ::Flacco Superstar::

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I don't see him coming back either despite Ozzie's words unless Leach wants to come back for around $1 million...and I think he'll do better than that on the open market.
    I'm curious to see what the market says he is worth.

Blog Entries

Gotta love the guy for his style of play. That pancake of Willis was beautiful, absolutely crushed him.

BUT this team is going in a different direction. I doubt he comes back, even at a reduced salary. Well see the same offense that Indy ran. A lot of singleback 3 wide or 2 wide 2 TE since we have that beter than what Indy did. I see Pitta having a HUGE season. Think how critical Clark was to Manning, and personally I think Pitta is better than Clark.

Aaron says he expects a good market for him.

He's not going to get $3 or 4 million, but I definitely can see him signing somewhere for one year $2 million.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

I am not optimistic about him returning, that's why they drafted his replacement. There will be several teams interested in the best FB in the league.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I am not optimistic about him returning, that's why they drafted his replacement. There will be several teams interested in the best FB in the league.
    Could see a team like the Vikes taking a big look see. AP running behind that bruiser? Yes please lol.

Vikings don't really use a FB. Peterson has mostly run out of single back formations.

Blog Entries

Pat Kirwan said on Siri that's how Ozzie does business. He let's his players test the market knowing that they will come back if he wants them. He doesn't say like some GMs you're not worth that money. He remembers players getting mad from his playing days so he lets them test the market.

He just did that with McKinney. SD should have never let Big Mac leave town.

Then again, he'll let players walk he can't pay like JJ and then win the SB replacing him
    with Upshaw.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 06-11-2013 at 12:43 PM.

Ravens re-sign TE Bajema. presumably a blocking te.
    Leach earned his ring and I wish him the best and would be glad to see him return.
    "Nothing stops these Baltimore Ravens. Beat them, injure them, shove them to the bottom of the standings, drag them into a hostile environment and mount a big lead, and they just keep trudging forward like nothing fazes them." (Bleacher Report)