Page 31 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2127282930313233 LastLast
Results 361 to 372 of 391
  1. #361
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    4,217
    Blog Entries
    2

    Re: Goodbye Vonta Leach



    Furstenburg is going to have a hell of a hard time making the team if they do re-sign Leach. I'd imagine KJ would function as a H back in the Cooley mould.




  2. #362
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,926
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Goodbye Vontae Leach

    Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Are you the poster who lives next to Montgomery and he told you that HARBs offered him
    the OC job after CAM was fired but he turned it down because he just wanted to be
    the RB coach?

    It was somebody here, forget whom.
    Yep that was me, but I don't live next to him. I know someone that does.




  3. #363
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    27,236
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Goodbye Vonta Leach

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    Furstenburg is going to have a hell of a hard time making the team if they do re-sign Leach. I'd imagine KJ would function as a H back in the Cooley mould.
    Not necessarily.

    Look at Caldwell's old Indy rosters. He often carried 4-5 TEs/FBs.

    Furstenburg may not dress, but he could still make the final 53.

    I think this puts more pressure on one of the receivers...Mellette, Streeter, Thompson, Doss, Reed, and LaQuan.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger


    My RSR Blog:
    http://russellstreetreport.com/author/paullukoskie/

    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  4. #364
    Join Date
    Aug 2008
    Location
    Pasadena
    Posts
    8,926
    Blog Entries
    4

    Re: Goodbye Vonta Leach

    Quote Originally Posted by Lee Van Cleef View Post
    Furstenburg is going to have a hell of a hard time making the team if they do re-sign Leach. I'd imagine KJ would function as a H back in the Cooley mould.
    He's going to stick with the Ravens. I'm sure worst case is they will IR him. The reason being is that Pitta and Dickson are both in contract years. Chances are that Pitta will get an extension and Dickson will walk. They will need another TE. Furstenburg has a good chance of being that guy. He'll be cheap too.




  5. #365
    Join Date
    Aug 2009
    Location
    Wilton, CT
    Posts
    13,359
    Blog Entries
    7

    Re: Goodbye Vonta Leach

    Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    He's going to stick with the Ravens. I'm sure worst case is they will IR him. The reason being is that Pitta and Dickson are both in contract years. Chances are that Pitta will get an extension and Dickson will walk. They will need another TE. Furstenburg has a good chance of being that guy. He'll be cheap too.
    I think he ends up on the practice squad. There isn't that much risk of another team signing a 3rd TE away. Several years ago the Ravens drafted Davon Drew in the 5th round. He was considered a solid pass catching TE coming into the draft. The Ravens had no problem keeping him on the practice squad for 3 years. Furstenburg is less of a prospect. He'll spend a year on the PS and get called up next year exactly for the reason you wrote.
    He Who Dares.....Wins




  6. #366
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Deep in the bowels of Maryland suburbia
    Posts
    1,785

    Re: Goodbye Vonta Leach

    Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    I think he ends up on the practice squad. There isn't that much risk of another team signing a 3rd TE away. Several years ago the Ravens drafted Davon Drew in the 5th round. He was considered a solid pass catching TE coming into the draft. The Ravens had no problem keeping him on the practice squad for 3 years. Furstenburg is less of a prospect. He'll spend a year on the PS and get called up next year exactly for the reason you wrote.
    This is my guess as well, that if Leach re-signs here Furstenburg will end up on the PS (provided he doesn't disappoint in camp). I agree that the risk he'd be "poached" is minimal.




  7. Re: Goodbye Vonta Leach

    http://www.nj.com/giants/index.ssf/2...a_leach_3.html

    Not the most reliable soure I've ever seen, but interesting nonetheless
    Formerly runrayrun27





  8. #368
    Join Date
    Jul 2011
    Location
    San Dimas, CA
    Posts
    6,066

    Re: Goodbye Vonta Leach

    Quote Originally Posted by trailhiker85 View Post
    This is my guess as well, that if Leach re-signs here Furstenburg will end up on the PS (provided he doesn't disappoint in camp). I agree that the risk he'd be "poached" is minimal.
    My understanding is that if a practice squad player is "poached", the team has the option of offering that player a spot on the 53 man roster. So, if the Ravens do have a practice squad player who gets an offer from another team, they might decide to do that. And, it would probably make more sense for the player to stay put in a system he already knows. If a "poaching" scenario does occur, it would most likely happen far enough into the season for the Ravens to know what they see as valuable - that extra WR, LB or DB they've been keeping but not dressing, or the guy from the practice squad who may have a bigger future with the team.




  9. #369
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Where Ravens Fans Roam Free
    Posts
    1,917

    Re: Goodbye Vonta Leach

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Not necessarily.

    Look at Caldwell's old Indy rosters. He often carried 4-5 TEs/FBs.

    Furstenburg may not dress, but he could still make the final 53.

    I think this puts more pressure on one of the receivers...Mellette, Streeter, Thompson, Doss, Reed, and LaQuan.
    I agree. I think the Ravens will move a WR to the PS, before they make that move with Furstenburg if the sign Leach today. Now, if the Ravens add a veteran WR to the roster, then Furstenburg might be a prime PS candidate.




  10. #370

    Re: Goodbye Vonta Leach

    Glad to hear he maybe coming back.




  11. #371

    Re: Goodbye Vontae Leach

    Quote Originally Posted by saintmatthew View Post
    but in the AFC North there is one certainty in your football season:

    Winter is Coming!
    Thank you, Saint Matthew Stark.




  12. #372
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Arbutus
    Posts
    1,478

    Re: Goodbye Vontae Leach

    Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Thank you, Saint Matthew Stark.
    Har!




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland