Page 27 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2526272829 ... LastLast

Re: Goodbye Vontae Leach

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    Nothing I've read makes me think Leach has a better offer...
    I guess it always comes down to money, but I'd think Vonta is also looking at what kind of scheme he fits in, and where he can get playing time and have success. Maybe he wants to find a place where they run the ball all the time and he'll get more reps. Maybe he prefers the stretch running scheme he's run in Houston and Baltimore. He could take a little less money for the right role. Or, he could just hold out for the biggest offer.

Presumably it's the same thing. The team whose scheme is the best fit for him is going to make the biggest offer. But perhaps not. You see dumb teams all the time signing the wrong guy for their scheme. Jets being the biggest offenders off the top of my head.

Perhaps, just a coincidence, but yesterday, the Ravens released on UDFA WR, which opened a roster spot.

Usually, they wouldn't do so unless they had someone they needed/wanted that roster spot for. Releasing Hines was also a bit odd, since they carried him from the last OTA until yesterday and nothing (seemingly) has happened since then that would give them reason to release him. If they didn't think much of him back then, I would think they would have likely already released him.

So, may totally mean nothing, but.......
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

I think he's coming back.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by B-more Ravor View Post
    Releasing Hines was also a bit odd, since they carried him from the last OTA until yesterday and nothing (seemingly) has happened since then that would give them reason to release him.......
    I felt the same, looks like they didn't want to bring the man in, start the assimilation camp process and end it a day later, so they save him (and themselves) the grief and give him a window to go elsewhere in another camp.

Agree, the FO has its eyes on someone....
    If it is Vonta, remains to be seen how much of that 2 million offer has shifted into incentives, gut says he will sign for over 1 mil base, maybe 1.4 mil, 2 mil seems high and really hamstringing any future moves if needed.
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by JMUpurkfool View Post
    I think he's coming back.

Agree.

This was classic Ozzie letting him test the Free Agent Waters.

He's not getting any action on the market. I get the feeling most of the rumors about the Dolphins/Giants etc are agent created. If anything, he's looking at vet minimum or slightly above deals elsewhere.

Id imagine the Ravens offer (Reportedly of $2M?) remains probably slightly higher than it should be...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bensmotorcyclehelmt View Post
    Agree.

This was classic Ozzie letting him test the Free Agent Waters.

He's not getting any action on the market. I get the feeling most of the rumors about the Dolphins/Giants etc are agent created. If anything, he's looking at vet minimum or slightly above deals elsewhere.

Id imagine the Ravens offer (Reportedly of $2M?) remains probably slightly higher than it should be...
    I'm a little mixed about this. Should the Ravens have given their offer a shelf life, letting Leach know that after a certain period of time the contract would be lower, or should Ozzie's original offer stand? IMO the player, as well as his original team, should bear some financial responsibility... Bc

I'd like to seem him back. With Ray, Ed, and Pollard gone, we need guys who "play like a Raven," meaning, IMHO, "smash mouth."

Leach just posted a pic of himself on FB getting a pedicure "before he reports to camp". I'm thinking he's back :)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alienrace View Post
    Leach just posted a pic of himself on FB getting a pedicure "before he reports to camp". I'm thinking he's back :)
    side note...dude is getting a pedicure before football? Huh.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Some insider info for you guys... Leach was meeting with Ravens RB coach Wil Montgomery last night.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    side note...dude is getting a pedicure before football? Huh.
    What's wrong with that? As Lt. Dan would say "take care of your feet" (and don't do anything stupid like getting yourself shot)

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Some insider info for you guys... Leach was meeting with Ravens RB coach Wil Montgomery last night.
    That's news, he must be in Baltimore now.