Page 24 of 33 FirstFirst ... 2223242526 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Goodbye Vonta Leach

Here's the latest article I could find dated 19 Jul on Ravens offer to Leach.

It's still on the table if he wants it.

“Of course, Vonta likes the Ravens,” Vitolo told the Sun‘s Aaron Wilson. “Why wouldn’t he? Maybe he ends up back there. Who knows? Until it happens, there’s no sense in pure speculation.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...ins-available/

See post 266, Trap

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Phil Savage just said Juice isn't the power hitting knock their heads off blocker like Leach but he'll make more plays catching the ball and moving the chains. Phil also said he's a West Coast Offense guy.
    I agree with this. Those thinking Juszczyk is going to step right in as a solid, seasoned lead blocker are in for a rude awakening IMO. He's a TE converting to a FB/HB. In that role, I think he's going to be great, but - while he'll be a willing blocker - it's way too early IMO to expect him to be able to deliver the necessary, punishing lead blocks as a true FB. He may very well be able to become that type of blocker, but to expect it this soon is, IMO, expecting too much.

Maybe I'm too old school, but I'd still like to see Leach back. I'd still like to have that kind of FB for when you need to run on short yardage or out of a transition offensive set.
    “Talk's cheap - let’s go play.” - #19, Johnny Unitas

Follow me on Twitter @ravenssalarycap

Blog Entries

I sure want Leach back. I forgot to say that Phil expects Juice to contribute on special teams too.
    He'll catch some and play special teams his first year.

Blog Entries

If you can get the best player at his position for a price that makes sense you do it.

Blog Entries

Apparently the Giants also have a standing offer for Leach.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Down on a Florida this week. Miami fans want him too

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

But for what price?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    But for what price?
    League minimum. Maybe some incentives.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    League minimum. Maybe some incentives.
    "League minimum" a term I wish people stop throwing around. League minimums don't go to guys like Leach coming off a Pro Bowl year. League minimum for Leach is $800,000. The Ravens have already offered at least double that. Offering him league minimum won't even garner a return call. What prevents Leach from returning is the fact the Ravens roster is stacked. There will be some tough decisions coming in the next couple weeks. The Ravens have to ask if they really want to keep two fbs on the roster. Leach is looking for a two year deal. Thats what keeping him from signing with a team. Look for a move to be made this week. Won't be surprised if McLain is released and the ravens pass on Leach and add another TE.
    Last edited by HoustonRaven; 07-21-2013 at 03:30 PM.

Blog Entries

I'm starting to think that the "standing offer" that we have on the table isn't a solid one.
    Oh solid enough that it is real, but sensing that it is a "we will match up to" offer so Vonta essentially has vet minimum offers from 1 or 2 teams and one from us matching it.
    Feeling that he doesn't have a 2 million offer on the table, just an up to 2 million offer.

Agent will view it as a 2 million offer but if he can't find someone to match, it is a mirage.... the cost of testing the free agent market is a dice roll as James Harrison found out
    at one point of my life I was exactly Pi years old

Quote Originally Posted by celticrob View Post
    "League minimum" a term I wish people stop throwing around. League minimums don't go to guys like Leach coming off a Pro Bowl year. League minimum for Leach is $800,000. The Ravens have already offered at least double that. Offering him league minimum won't even garner a return call. What prevents Leach from returning is the fact the Ravens roster is stacked. There will be some tough decisions coming in the next couple weeks. The Ravens have to ask if they really want to keep two fbs on the roster. Leach is looking for a two year deal. Thats what keeping him from signing with a team. Look for a move to be made this week. Won't be surprised if McLain is released and the ravens pass on Leach and add another TE.
    Disagree.

This FO doesn't pay players on past accomplishments. Leach being a pro bowl player last year is irrelevant to Ozzie. Just like with every player, he's going to pay market price based on future value.

Clearly, the Ravens offer isn't just league minimum but in willing to bet it isn't far off. There is simply no market for FB's right now. That's going to keep the price down regardless of pro bowls.