Page 19 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1718192021 ... LastLast

Re: Goodbye Vonta Leach

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    42 percent of snaps and 4 million don't add up. That's what it comes down to.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Not disagreeing. Just throw your stats off the Hanover St bridge. Especially when they are inaccurate.

2. Re: Goodbye Vonta Leach

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    If that were the case, then every team would use it. It's like telegraphing your play to the defense. You've simplified a short yardage play without taking the opposing DC's defensive stance/reaction to it. I'm not saying you don't have some kind of point, but "1st down or TD pretty much every time" is IMO unrealistic... Bc
    Every team doesn't have Yanda, KO & Leach. And it wouldn't be telegraphing the play completely if the RB might go either on KO's side or on Yanda's side. Of course, you could run other plays from time to time just to be less predictable. And if the opposing defense is really committing itself to stopping the run up the middle, that's when your QB is supposed to read that and audible to a different run play or to a pass play.
    You can actually use being "predictable" to your advantage if in doing so, you make the opposing defense just as predictable, then adjust to take advantage before they can re-adjust.

Blog Entries

Come on, folks--why do you think they went out of their way to toss swing passes to Leach? To try & sow enough doubt in the opposing defense to keep them from stacking the box on those short yardage plays with #44 in the backfield!

The thing with KJ is that while he's not going to crush enemy infantry under his treads like the T-44, he bids fair to be a much more credible receiving threat. And that really will sow confusion. Imagine the Ravens lining up in a short-yardage power I-formation with double TEs--& once the D stacks the box, Joe audibles & the ends split wide, KJ shifts to the slot, R2 goes in motion--& suddenly they're spreading the field with Torrey, Pitta, Dickson, Juszczyk & Rice. Get any one of those 5 the ball in space & go to war Miz Agnes...

Blog Entries

It's just the cycle of the way things are going. Ten years from now, overall defenses will be at all-time low weights, and then we'll be introduced to the big bruiser out of the big ten, by the coach who breaks the mold again. After that, everyone will be looking for the big bruiser.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

NFL_DRAFT_Bites ‏@NFLDraftBites 9m
    Vonta leach facing market many vets did this offseason. Tepid interest in players over 30. Money & Years both not there.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lordravens View Post
    NFL_DRAFT_Bites ‏@NFLDraftBites 9m
    Vonta leach facing market many vets did this offseason. Tepid interest in players over 30. Money & Years both not there.
    Surprise surprise

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks like Leach would have been better off taking the Ravens offer.
    Last edited by Justlovemybirds; 07-08-2013 at 09:11 AM.

Still hoping he comes back. Even in a lesser role, he'll make us better. He plays like a Raven.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Looks like Leach would have been better of taking the Ravens offer.
    Yup. A lot of people posted the same thing when the story that the Ravens asked him to take a pay cut or get cut came out. I can't believe that Leach or his agent didn't figure this out because it was so clear this offseason.

Blog Entries

It's all part of the process

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    Yup. A lot of people posted the same thing when the story that the Ravens asked him to take a pay cut or get cut came out. I can't believe that Leach or his agent didn't figure this out because it was so clear this offseason.
    Yup.

I mean, look at John Abraham and Richard Seymour. These are two guys who have consistently been in the upper echelon of defensive linemen and they can't even get the offers that they want.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

James Harrison, etc. It's not a new phenomenon, but every year players and agents do it.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...