Page 16 of 33 FirstFirst ... 1415161718 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Goodbye Vonta Leach

It's funny that the day after an article appeared here that quoted Leach as saying he talks
    to Ozzie once pr week and they both know what the process is and they're letting it play
    out (see McKinnie), his agent comes out today pimping Miami big time but Leach still
    isn't signed yet as of this post.

Seems like Leach's agent didn't like his client saying that.

http://russellstreetreport.com/vonta...iami-dolphins/

Blog Entries

Why is that funny? It's all about money. Agents get paid as a percentage of the contract. The last thing he'd want is for Leach to come back here for fewer bucks than Miami's offering because he likes the environment--that takes braces off his kids' teeth (or something).

Blog Entries

I still maintain that there is a good chance he comes back. Unless the pay is a big difference, I believe he'd rather be in Baltimore (just my personal hunch). Besides, Leach sweats like crazy as it is, imagine him in that heat!

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

While i agree with you there is a good chance he will come back, my question is do we really want him back. I could see him in short yardage scenario's, but how much is he really going to be used in Caldwell's offense?

Quote Originally Posted by RavensXLVII View Post
    While i agree with you there is a good chance he will come back, my question is do we really want him back. I could see him in short yardage scenario's, but how much is he really going to be used in Caldwell's offense?
    If it's cheap (which is the only way that he'll come back) then it's worht it for just those short yard situations or if we want to use a power run. Just thinking back to the amount of times he open hole is worth 1M a year IMO
    "Cause if you ain’t pissed off for greatness, that just means you’re okay with being mediocre, and ain’t no man in here okay with just basic.”
    - Ray Lewis

https://www.baltimoreravens.com/author/cole-jackson

Twitter: @ColeJacksonFB

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    If it's cheap (which is the only way that he'll come back) then it's worht it for just those short yard situations or if we want to use a power run. Just thinking back to the amount of times he open hole is worth 1M a year IMO
    run, I agree with your assessment. Leach is not worth near $3 million, but at (or close to) the veteran minimum, I'd surely sign him. Here are two reasons : (1) the Ravens IMO are a strong Super Bowl contender, and it's good to have experienced veteran depth. (2) Just like Birk mentored Gino G. into the Center role, I'd like to see Vonta advise Juice in a similar manner... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by lobachevsky View Post
    Why is that funny?
    Because the agent's comments came a day after Leach said he is open to returning but
    he is still un-signed which means the agent is bull shitting like crazy about MIami. It's been all
    this time and nobody wants him as of this post. If he likes Miami so much why don't they
    just sign now with the offer they have on the table if they have one on the table.

Sure it's all business and money but right now it's all bull shit with the agent after Leach
    said he's letting the process play out and could ala McKinney and thats
    funny. The agent kind of reminds me of the boy that yelled wolf - all bullshit.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 06-28-2013 at 12:33 PM.

Blog Entries

I'd love to see Leach come back.

However, we're all still operating under the assumption that KJ can't get it done as a FB.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

I can see it from either side. Leach said he's open to returning because he doesn't want to burn any bridges. it's going to be all about the money and really, at this point the agent is probably just trying to play teams off each other.

For all we know, he told Vonta to make sure he said he was open to returning and then went to Dolphins and said "look, if you want him, you need to up the offer NOW. Leach is preparing to sign with the Ravens unless you can up your offer."
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    ... we're all still operating under the assumption that KJ can't get it done as a FB.
    Hey Paul (sorry for being so informal), I don't think that at all. While I'd like to see Leach resigned (one year, vet minimum), let us remember that Upshaw replaced JJ quite well in 2012. KJ seems like the kind of player who will give his maximum effort and is smart enough to pick up the playbook quickly. While I believe he can get it done, it's no sin to have an insurance policy like Leach for one year... Bc

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    Hey Paul (sorry for being so informal), I don't think that at all. While I'd like to see Leach resigned (one year, vet minimum), let us remember that Upshaw replaced JJ quite well in 2012. KJ seems like the kind of player who will give his maximum effort and is smart enough to pick up the playbook quickly. While I believe he can get it done, it's no sin to have an insurance policy like Leach for one year... Bc
    I agree with what you're saying Bc.

I think it is less likely that KJ will be able to be as effective as a lead blocker. How could he? Leach is one of the best in the league as as lead blocker.

However, IMO, KJ's ability as a receiver makes up for what he may lack - initially - as a blocker.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I agree with what you're saying Bc.

I think it is less likely that KJ will be able to be as effective as a lead blocker. How could he? Leach is one of the best in the league as as lead blocker.

However, IMO, KJ's ability as a receiver makes up for what he may lack - initially - as a blocker.
    and I'm saying at the right price, we could have the best of both worlds. I don't see the downside, it's worth the roster spot. Leach is also great on special teams and can blow people up. I hope he comes back. Give Bajema's spot to Juice

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!