Page 32 of 33 FirstFirst ... 30313233 LastLast

Re: Goodbye Vontae Leach

I haven't seen anything official in regards to Vonta coming back; really hoping he does.

But in this article, the Giants seem to think he's signing with Baltimore as they've signed another FB.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...gn-a-fullback/

Blog Entries

Re: Goodbye Vontae Leach

Quote Originally Posted by JimZipCode View Post
    Thank you, Saint Matthew Stark.
    I give you "Ancient Music," from roughly a century ago:
    Quote Originally Posted by Ezra Pound
    Winter is icumen in,
    Lhude sing Goddamm,
    Raineth drop and staineth slop,
    And how the wind doth ramm!
    Sing: Goddamm.

Skiddeth bus and sloppeth us,
    An ague hath my ham.
    Freezeth river, turneth liver,
    Damm you; Sing: Goddamm.
    Goddamm, Goddamm, 'tis why I am, Goddamm,
    So 'gainst the winter's balm.
    Sing goddamm, damm, sing goddamm,
    Sing goddamm, sing goddamm, DAMM.
    Railroad Martin writes purty good but I had to get my Pound of flash in there....

I cheerfully predict that "singing Goddamm" will be heard on opponents' websites after most every game they play against the Ravens...:D

Blog Entries

Re: Goodbye Vonta Leach

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Not necessarily.

Look at Caldwell's old Indy rosters. He often carried 4-5 TEs/FBs.

Furstenburg may not dress, but he could still make the final 53.

I think this puts more pressure on one of the receivers...Mellette, Streeter, Thompson, Doss, Reed, and LaQuan.
    It becomes Furstenburg vs. a sixth WR. I would like his chances under those circumstances.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    It becomes Furstenburg vs. a sixth WR. I would like his chances under those circumstances.
    In other words it becomes a battle for special teams as opposed to offense. The best special teams player will get that spot.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by GOTA View Post
    In other words it becomes a battle for special teams as opposed to offense. The best special teams player will get that spot.
    They'll probably be some injuries along the way to make the picture clearer too.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    My understanding is that if a practice squad player is "poached", the team has the option of offering that player a spot on the 53 man roster. So, if the Ravens do have a practice squad player who gets an offer from another team, they might decide to do that. And, it would probably make more sense for the player to stay put in a system he already knows. If a "poaching" scenario does occur, it would most likely happen far enough into the season for the Ravens to know what they see as valuable - that extra WR, LB or DB they've been keeping but not dressing, or the guy from the practice squad who may have a bigger future with the team.
    Mmm, I wouldn't be quite so sanguine. Who do we know whose two starting TEs are recovering from surgery or preparing for trial? You think Darth Hoodie wouldn't stoop to poaching off the Ravens PS?

Furstenburg's something of an unknown quantity coming from a college squad where all the QBs got hurt, so it's not a surprise he went undrafted--but if he shows well in camp (& reports so far are positive)--let's put it this way: would you rather be the #3 TE on the Ravens (blocking & ST) or the #2 TE on the Pats (with real chances for Tom Lady to get you the ball)? Tough call.

Giants signed another FB, Vonta is running out of teams

Blog Entries

Why haven't the Ravens signed Leach yet? Is it possible that the holdup is that Ozzie has lowered his offer to Leach to save cap space for another player due to the injury to Pitta? I am beginning to wonder if the Ravens are going to bring Leach back at all.

I think Preston is angling for a 4% agents share of Leach's contract if he re-signs with us.
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Blog Entries

maybe Leach wants to avoid as much camp as he can...lot of players do that. If the offer really is a standing offer then there's no downside (in theory)

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    maybe Leach wants to avoid as much camp as he can...lot of players do that. If the offer really is a standing offer then there's no downside (in theory)
    This.

The FO doesn't play games like lower offers just because they can.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Looks that way...

Brian McFarland ‏@RavensSalaryCap 1m
    Team/Leach probably agreed to wait to give him first week of camp off MT @BrentCSN BREAKING NEWS:Leach is very close to returning to Ravens
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver