Page 3 of 33 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: Goodbye Vontae Leach

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    At the end of the day, I was in denial and defended Leach's presence to the bitter end.

However, the reality was clear. Rice was picking up more yardage in single back and Caldwell was running more three wide. When you combine that with the desire for more Two TE sets, the writing was on the wall.
    Yes this is pretty accurate. I REALLY want to keep Leach but three million is quite steep for a FB that is not used much.

The jets might if they are intent on establishing a run game, some team like that with a young qb t take the pressure of. If they have cap

Blog Entries

I don't think any team will trade for him but he will have a high demand as a FA. Just not at $4M.

I guess Leachisabeast will have to change his name now

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    I don't think the Ravens can offer Cruz a contract anymore. I also think the trade price and compensation price would be too high. Cruz wants 10m+ a year. If the Ravens do get a WR I would have to think it is a veteran who still plays at a fairly high level with 1 or 2 years left on his deal. They would have to be on a team that had no shot to compete. Brandon Marshall but doubt they invite the headaches. Maybe Steve Smith of Carolina. Maybe Jeremy Maclin as a younger option.
    I'd love Cruz more than anyone. I've been very obsessed with him on film for the past two months. Can't see us giving him want he wants though. Love to wrong on this one though. I'd isht myself if that guy came to town.

Maclin felt right to me around draft day, and who knows who are Kelly's "guys" up in Philly, so maybe he's looking to clear the decks a bit.
    I think Maclin would fit pretty well on this roster, but I haven't watched game film on him in months. I don't have a good feel for his monetary value.

TEN is loaded, but there's no one there that I see value in (not counting Britt and his troubles).
    Besides Steve Smith, CAR only has Olsen as proven. Even if they traded him, we already have cap room for him.
    The only other team loaded with WRs in CIN and obviously nothing is going to happen there.

SEA's Doug Baldwin is attractive to me. Under-rated and whose duties may be consumed by Harvin. We already have enough cap room for him though.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I'm out of Sun tokens, so didn't read,
    Press the Escape key as the page is loading.
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

He just tweeted he's gone

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    Press the Escape key as the page is loading.
    Very nice...thanks.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

*sigh*

I get why they are doing it, I just don't like it. Since June 1st has come and gone, how does cutting/trading him affect next years cap? I would think that they would attempt to minimize any dead $$ threats with the bigger contracts coming into play.

I doubt he gets traded due to no one using FBs and our desperation to free up some $$ (same as Anquan situation accept we got a pick out it). I can only be ok with this in the event that this will somehow make the team better because Vonte does just that.

I see the speculation on WRs, so that could be it. It would be for a younger vet WR, I'm sure like a Maclin /Cruz type WR who are each 25 and 26 yrs old.

I also think about our schedule against teams that are strong up the middle like the Pats, Steelers, Bengals, Texans, etc. I would have liked to see someone mashing the ILB of those teams.

Sad either way I slice it. Vonte was a Raven man.

Leach just doesn't fit Caldwell's offense. Hopefully the $$ saved will be used to sign a WR.
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

Sad to see him leave. We really are making a commitment to turning a new page
    "Flacco stepping up and throwing deep down the far sideline... CAUGHT!!! Into the endzone, TOUCHDOWN JACOBY JONES!!!!!"

Damn! I'm gonna miss him blowing up guys. If they sign a proven possession receiver, then all will be forgiven.

Blog Entries
    Yeh Caldwell barely used him in the SB. Still hate to see him go.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!