Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Blog Entries

Goodbye Vonta Leach

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Re: Goodbye Vontae Leach

It is now time for me to face, what has always been, the inevitable.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries
    Kind of surprised but not really. Ozzie plays the nfl version of moneyball.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Blog Entries

Juice must really be impressing the coaches. And/or there's a FA out there that they want to get now...

Blog Entries

At the end of the day, I was in denial and defended Leach's presence to the bitter end.

However, the reality was clear. Rice was picking up more yardage in single back and Caldwell was running more three wide. When you combine that with the desire for more Two TE sets, the writing was on the wall.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    At the end of the day, I was in denial and defended Leach's presence to the bitter end.

However, the reality was clear. Rice was picking up more yardage in single back and Caldwell was running more three wide. When you combine that with the desire for more Two TE sets, the writing was on the wall.
    Yes this is pretty accurate. I REALLY want to keep Leach but three million is quite steep for a FB that is not used much.

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post

I must admit that your name was the first to come to mind as soon as I read that Leach had been cut, since you just wouldn't budge from your position that he needed to be retained, even at his ridiculously out of sync salary. (However, at least you manned up without any prompting. WTG.)

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...e-e43030b97c5b

After cutting Vonta Leach, General Manager Ozzie Newsome said there would be a chance the veteran fullback could return to Baltimore after exploring the free agent market.
    Few believed it would actually happen, but it appears those chances are improving.
    Despite drawing interest from the Miami Dolphins, Houston Texans and New York Giants, Leach says he’s still in contact with the Ravens and is open to returning.
    "Me and [Newsome], we talk once a week and [we’ll] see how everything goes,” Leach said yesterday on SiriusXM NFL Radio. “He knows the process and me and him are going to let the process play out.”

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
    prepared to <spit> and <swear> at any minute.. blame it on PMS!

NEW AVATAR! I GOT A NEW AVATAR!

Blog Entries

Victor Cruz' $2.8M deal goes to $600K on June 17th. I bet he'd be very open to a long term deal prior to the 17th. Pure speculation on my part but what do they need this money for?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Victor Cruz' $2.8M deal goes to $600K on June 17th. I bet he'd be very open to a long term deal prior to the 17th. Pure speculation on my part but what do they need this money for?
    I don't think the Ravens can offer Cruz a contract anymore. I also think the trade price and compensation price would be too high. Cruz wants 10m+ a year. If the Ravens do get a WR I would have to think it is a veteran who still plays at a fairly high level with 1 or 2 years left on his deal. They would have to be on a team that had no shot to compete. Brandon Marshall but doubt they invite the headaches. Maybe Steve Smith of Carolina. Maybe Jeremy Maclin as a younger option.

Blog Entries

IIRC Cruz is more of a slot receiver too.

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    Brandon Marshall but doubt they invite the headaches.
    Doubt Marshall is going anywhere (I still don't think we're too friendly with the Bears front office after the 2011 draft debacle), but I've always thought he gets a bad rap. The guy always shows up and plays hard when the whistle blows. He's durable and consistent.