Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Tim Tebow signs with the Patriots

Tebow is a heck of an athlete. If he's willing to not pull a Kordell Stewart and play a unique position, he could pose lots of problems for a defense.

Gronk is hurt. If anyone can convince Tebow to become a TE, it's Belichick.

All this talk of Tim Tebow being converted to other positions ... is there any actual evidence he'd be good at them? Like, some guys go their whole lives studying to be a WR/TE but still don't run routes well, can't get separation, have bad hands, etc.

You're telling me Tim Tebow, groomed as a QB his whole life, can just magically turn into a good player at another position? Heck, not even good, adequate? Not sure I buy it. If every good athlete with heart had a place in the NFL ...
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by bacchys View Post
    Tebow is a heck of an athlete. If he's willing to not pull a Kordell Stewart and play a unique position, he could pose lots of problems for a defense.
    I agree, but he's still stuck on pretending he can be an NFL QB.

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    All this talk of Tim Tebow being converted to other positions ... is there any actual evidence he'd be good at them? ...
    Actual evidence in what way? A list of NFL players who played one position in college and ended up playing elsewhere in the NFL? There are plenty of examples of that happening. Could Tebow do it? I have no idea, but good athletes with heart and desire have proven that it is possible. Of course, they have to want to do it and put in the work, and even then there is no guarantee. But it is obviously possible.

Blog Entries

Bellicheat took Brady when nobody else wanted him - way down at the bottom of the draft,
    so who knows?

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Actual evidence in what way? A list of NFL players who played one position in college and ended up playing elsewhere in the NFL? There are plenty of examples of that happening. Could Tebow do it? I have no idea, but good athletes with heart and desire have proven that it is possible. Of course, they have to want to do it and put in the work, and even then there is no guarantee. But it is obviously possible.
    I know it's been done before. My point was more that everyone and their dad keeps saying "make him switch positions!" as if it's such an easy or obvious solution. There's no proof he's really good at any position in the NFL so far, because the one he actually did play he was bad at.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    I know it's been done before. My point was more that everyone and their dad keeps saying "make him switch positions!" as if it's such an easy or obvious solution. There's no proof he's really good at any position in the NFL so far, because the one he actually did play he was bad at.
    I don't think people are saying it because it's an easy or obvious solution. I think people are saying it because it might be the only option, as he doesn't seem to be able to make it as a QB. If the opinion of NFL people is that he isn't an NFL QB, the only way to attempt to stay in the NFL is by switching positions.

Imagine a Danny Woodhead type player who is a legit threat to throw the ball as well.

If I am Bill and Josh that is were this is heading. Plus it gives you the ability to have a 3rd QB on the roster who can bring more to the table potentially.

Honestly I hate to say it but its a good move on their part. You have Brady so nobody is going to clamor for Tebow to start which only will further motivate Tim to do what he has to in order to stick around. If they cant make it work then they let him go at minimal cost. Whats not to like about.
    “A linebacker's job is to knock out running backs, to knock out receivers, to chase the football,”
    -Ray Lewis

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenous1 View Post
    Imagine a Danny Woodhead type player who is a legit threat to throw the ball as well.
    I'd love to, but I wouldn't be imagining Tebow. Woodhead is a shifty, undersized runner with quick burst and a low center of gravity.

By RB standards Tebow is more like Brandon Jacobs. I big, upright plodder with little to no hip flexion.

I'm not saying he can't be a RB, but I don't think it's likely.

Better use or his talents would be as an HBack. He's big, and strong and a willing blocker. Let him bang heads with defenders, catch a couple balls a game, and maybe take a carry or two on occasion. (Which by the way was my take on him from Day 1 of his senior year at Florida. I would have loved the kid on our team... In the 4th round.)
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

This has Kraft written all over it. BB would never do someting that S T U P I D!!

"CARPE LOMBARDI"