Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Re: Tim Tebow signs with the Patriots

Quote Originally Posted by jaydee414 View Post
    This is the best photo ever!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    All this talk of Tim Tebow being converted to other positions ... is there any actual evidence he'd be good at them? Like, some guys go their whole lives studying to be a WR/TE but still don't run routes well, can't get separation, have bad hands, etc.

You're telling me Tim Tebow, groomed as a QB his whole life, can just magically turn into a good player at another position? Heck, not even good, adequate? Not sure I buy it. If every good athlete with heart had a place in the NFL ...
    I don't think he can just easily become a tight end or a fullback, no. But the way Tebow played quarterback in college and what he did in Denver isn't your typical NFL quarterbacking. He has a lot of skills. Throwing downfield is not among them. I think a creative offensive coordinator could find ways to utilize his skills to help an offense, much like the Steelers did with Stewart when he was "Slash."

Stewart screwed himself out of a great career. He could have gone a long way as "Slash," but his mulish insistence on being a quarterback- where he wasn't nearly as good as being "Slash"- ended that chance.

Does Tebow offer any value in helping the Patriots prepare for teams and their pistol offenses? If so, I can see him sticking there as a third string guy.

There is a theory which states that if ever anyone discovers exactly what the universe is for and why it is here it will instantly disappear and be replaced by something even more bizarrely inexplicable…

There is another theory which states that this - has - already - happened…

"We don't have a town drunk...we all take turns..."

Quote Originally Posted by Ngata_Ate_My_Lunch View Post
    This is the best photo ever!
    Agreed.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Does anyone think the Patriots will take practice time away from running their effective timing offense to practice a gadget offense designed for Tebow?

Blog Entries

It wouldn't be taking away from their practice time. Their first string D is going to run against the scout team...and I don't doubt Tebow will be doing the "pistol" role if he's there.

If he's not, someone else will be trying to do it.

Quote Originally Posted by sailorsam View Post
    speaking of...Ravens traded pick to Denver so they could take Tebow, and used the Denver picks for Dickson and Pitta? according to Peter King
    Sergio Kindle was the 2nd round pick. As Meat Loaf would say, "two out of three ain't bad".

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    Does anyone think the Patriots will take practice time away from running their effective timing offense to practice a gadget offense designed for Tebow?
    Judging by their playoff win against the Texans, yes. hell, they even had a gadget play work against us.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Josh McDaniels must really love him some Tebow.
    This^^^^, that's what its about. Who didn't see this coming? He will get some gadget plays out of the deal.

Blog Entries
    Something tells me Brady wasn't consulted.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    Sergio Kindle was the 2nd round pick. As Meat Loaf would say, "two out of three ain't bad".
    2 out of 3? Dickson was picked ahead of Jimmy Graham and Aaron Hernandez... MAYBE 1 out of 3, and that's not great at all. At the time, the trade seemed like a good move, now, a few years later, TERRIBLE. We should have just taken Gronk at 25, and would be a better team for doing so. Pitta likely would have still been around at the 4th comp level, and we would have two beastly TE's.

Dickson has been a MAJOR disappointment given his draft position and who was still on the board.

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    2 out of 3? Dickson was picked ahead of Jimmy Graham and Aaron Hernandez... MAYBE 1 out of 3, and that's not great at all. At the time, the trade seemed like a good move, now, a few years later, TERRIBLE. We should have just taken Gronk at 25, and would be a better team for doing so. Pitta likely would have still been around at the 4th comp level, and we would have two beastly TE's.

Dickson has been a MAJOR disappointment given his draft position and who was still on the board.
    Hindsight is always 20-20. Jimmy Graham was a project; nobody truly knew that he would have the impact he had so early (which is in part a function of Sean Payton and Drew Brees). The Ravens had no 3rd or 4th round pick, and no 4th round comp pick, so they never would have gotten Pitta without the trade (Pitta was taken at #114; I doubt he would have lasted to #156, the next pick the Ravens had). Gronkowski had a questionable injury history (which may be proven right over time), and it's not as if Dickson hasn't contributed at all. Now, with Caldwell's offense and the maturation of Flacco, you may see more effective use of two TEs in the passing game, which really wasn't Cam's thing. I wouldn't write Dickson off just yet.