Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Birk Refuses WH Invite

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    I definitely agree that politics and politicians, in general, can be disappointing, pathetic, disgusting ... any bad adjective you want to throw out there. Someone doesn't know too much about politics if they think their side is the alpha and omega of goodness. I may be a liberal Democrat, but I don't think liberals and Democrats have all the answers or are always right.

But in my opinion, if you have one side that says, "Hey, sure, YOU can have a basic freedom such as marriage or workplace equality," and another side says you can't, then hey: one side is granting its citizenry more rights. There might be a lot to conservatism and Republicanism I would like or appreciate if not for the very loud, obnoxious, and medically ignorant Rape Crew that sprouted up recently, featuring Todd Akin et al.
    That extreme view of abortion exist on the other side as well.. only in the opposite end of the spectrum. I am one of the more pro-life people I know, and even I make exceptions for rape and health of the mother. That "no abortion even for rape" view is a very small small group of people.

... and yet it's a liberal Democrat Administration that's using one of the most heavy handed instrument, the IRS, to punish those who have different beliefs.

To paraphrase Greg Gutfeld, I stopped being a Democrat because I didn't want to be forced into certain morals. I stopped being a Republican for the exact same reason.

I think in the next 10-15 years, the Libertarian party is going to be a legit third party since it attracts people from both parties.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    That extreme view of abortion exist on the other side as well.. only in the opposite end of the spectrum. I am one of the more pro-life people I know, and even I make exceptions for rape and health of the mother. That "no abortion even for rape" view is a very small small group of people.
    That may be true, usually it's the vocal minority that makes the whole group look bad. But you didn't address the part about how the liberals/Democrats are the ones trying to extend more rights to more people.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Blog Entries

That may be true, usually it's the vocal minority that makes the whole group look bad. But you didn't address the part about how the liberals/Democrats are the ones trying to extend more rights to more people.
    We could get into that if you'd like. I'll admit it is the one or one of the main areas that there is somewhat of a double standard. But if were going to get into that, I'd like you to explain how the liberal/democrat is all for helping the little guy and helping people, but is totally silent on no rules for abortion, right up to due date abortions. Would you like to go down this road?

Hey guys,

I never come to this part of the board (not a politic guy), but just want to chime in real quick.

In America you have a choice to voice your opinion which makes this country great. That being said, super petty to bring in the religion argument to make a statement. This was about honoring a team on the biggest stage in a country in which you belong. The prez said nothing about his agendas or anything to that extent while having them at the WH. This was strictly about a team that you won your only Superbowl with and enjoying the moment with the players you went to war with every Sunday. Knowing full well if this was a president that he agreed with, he would have still been there.

If you want to be real, what does Birk's religion say about people you don't agree with? The main reason for their religion basically had a guy that would hang with people he didn't like all the time. Sinners, prostitutes, tax collectors, the lowest of the low, but yeah Birk your religion is the reason.

Man up and stop using a cop out.

I personally met Birk as both our kids were in the same class in Cockeysville. He was the nicest person and really down to earth, but this was petty.

Re: Ravens at the White House Stream

I think his point is that what he feels about this President. Not what other Presidents have been accused of by other people.
    correct... anyone else that felt that way about a past president is welcome in my mind to boycott such an event.

I think that W, Carter and FDR have done very much harm to this country, but I believe that FDR and Carter were attempting to help out, while Bush had a revenge fantasy to fulfill. I don't believe any of those administrations to be actively pursuing the downfall of the nation in which they were the leader. I truly and Honestly believe that Obama is attmepting to accellerate the "fall of Rome"

But in my opinion, if you have one side that says, "Hey, sure, YOU can have a basic freedom such as marriage or workplace equality," and another side says you can't, then hey: one side is granting its citizenry more rights. There might be a lot to conservatism and Republicanism I would like or appreciate if not for the very loud, obnoxious, and medically ignorant Rape Crew that sprouted up recently, featuring Todd Akin et al.
    Republicans/conservatives have been no friends of citizens' rights these last few years. But, remind me, with which political party is the administration currently affiliated? You know, the one that continues to imprison hundreds of thousands of minority citizens on non-violent (and mostly minor) drug offenses? The one that spies on journalists and it owns citizens without search warrants. The one which reserves, and executes, its "right" to kill its own citizens abroad without due process of law? Certainly not the one that is "granting its citizenry more rights".

By the way, the rights of the citizenry are not the government's to grant. We have them already.

The abuse of power, and the related abuse of citizens' rights, is not related to whether one has a small "r" or small "d" after ones name.

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post
    Republicans/conservatives have been no friends of citizens' rights these last few years. But, remind me, with which political party is the administration currently affiliated? You know, the one that continues to imprison hundreds of thousands of minority citizens on non-violent (and mostly minor) drug offenses? The one that spies on journalists and it owns citizens without search warrants. The one which reserves, and executes, its "right" to kill its own citizens abroad without due process of law? Certainly not the one that is "granting its citizenry more rights".

By the way, the rights of the citizenry are not the government's to grant. We have them already.

The abuse of power, and the related abuse of citizens' rights, is not related to whether one has a small "r" or small "d" after ones name.
    :word

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by JohnBKistler View Post

The illusion of granting more rights to it's citizen IMO, is solely based on social issues.

The illusion of granting more rights to it's citizen IMO, is solely based on social issues.
    And think about the term you used.

"Granting Rights" is a term from the left, insinuating its the Government which grants rights.

In actuality, those rights are already there and it's the Constitutions function to restrain the Government on infringing those rights.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    And think about the term you used.

"Granting Rights" is a term from the left, insinuating its the Government which grants rights.

In actuality, those rights are already there and it's the Constitutions function to restrain the Government on infringing those rights.
    I can't believe I did that to be honest. Guess if you hear it long enough you start repeating it.

Blog Entries

LBJ tapped private phone lines of Nixon and others when they campaigned and gave info
    to Humphrey to use vs Nixon during his campaign.

The left has done it too and ask Japanese Americans how they felt when FDR took their
    rights away and put them in camps during WW2 just because of their heritage.