Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
I definitely agree that politics and politicians, in general, can be disappointing, pathetic, disgusting ... any bad adjective you want to throw out there. Someone doesn't know too much about politics if they think their side is the alpha and omega of goodness. I may be a liberal Democrat, but I don't think liberals and Democrats have all the answers or are always right.

But in my opinion, if you have one side that says, "Hey, sure, YOU can have a basic freedom such as marriage or workplace equality," and another side says you can't, then hey: one side is granting its citizenry more rights. There might be a lot to conservatism and Republicanism I would like or appreciate if not for the very loud, obnoxious, and medically ignorant Rape Crew that sprouted up recently, featuring Todd Akin et al.
That extreme view of abortion exist on the other side as well.. only in the opposite end of the spectrum. I am one of the more pro-life people I know, and even I make exceptions for rape and health of the mother. That "no abortion even for rape" view is a very small small group of people.