Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: Ravens at the White House Stream

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    You and Birk have differing opinions.

He's doing it to draw attention to a cause. Based on what you said, you're doing it out of spite because the other guys does it.

If someone I know does something I find wrong, it doesn't (or shouldn't) give me license to do the same.

An eye for an eye makes the world go blind.
    It's not out of spite. Nor is it about that I disagree with their agenda. It's that I know that person is not doing the same as I am (putting things aside).

If someone does something you find wrong it doesn't give you the license to do the same, except when they do it to you. That's the difference in this scenario.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Getting back to the White house visit...as I said before, I absolutely despised the previous admin, but I respect the office too much and it is too rare of an opportunity for me to see any logic in not going.
    Before the sequestration (and maybe after) it's not that difficult. I have extended family that goes/went at Christmas time. I believe they arranged it through their congressperson.

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    It's not out of spite. Nor is it about that I disagree with their agenda. It's that I know that person is not doing the same as I am (putting things aside).

If someone does something you find wrong it doesn't give you the license to do the same, except when they do it to you. That's the difference in this scenario.
    If you already don't like someone, it doesn't take long to find something they do wrong in your opinion. It's extremely easy to find things people would complain about for almost every president in our history.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Re: Birk Refuses WH Invite

Using these visits for political statements is hilarious to me.
    Exactly. This is laughable and petty.

Winning the Super Bowl AND meeting the president are two once-in-a-lifetime events, and you are throwing both away because the man has a different political opinion? What a waste of a golden moment. It almost leaves me speechless.
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

Still sounds like spite to me.

Blog Entries

If you already don't like someone, it doesn't take long to find something they do wrong in your opinion. It's extremely easy to find things people would complain about for almost every president in our history.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    I get what your saying. But this isn't specific to him. I have people I don't like and things I don't like about people that I and they put aside to be friends or friendly.

I do not feel that he does the same, for example check out his body language when Benjamin Netanyahu comes in town for a visit.

It's extremely easy to find things people would complain about for almost every president in our history.
    Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    I'd go to be with my brothers no matter who's the Chief. It's not about the man (someday woman), it's about the office.
    Yup.

I guess if one day I have a chance to meet Birk, a crucial member of my favorite team in all pro sports, I'll just turn it down. I mean, as a pro-lifer, Birk probably prefers that pregnant women carry fetuses to term even if it endangers their lives, right? I couldn't stand to be in his presence. If Birk invited me to his home to look at his Super Bowl ring and reminisce about the 2013 playoffs, I'd refuse because 1) it's not like I'm depriving myself of anything cool, 2) his feelings would be hurt SO HARD.

/sarcasm
    My Ravens Blog: Brittany Rants About Football
    Ravens-Redskins: Dissecting the Final Drive

"The days are long. But the years are short." - John Harbaugh

I get what your saying. But this isn't specific to him. I have people I don't like and things I don't like about people that I and they put aside to be friends or friendly.

I do not feel that he does the same, for example check out his body language when Benjamin Netanyahu comes in town for a visit.
    So it's not specific to him, yet you site a specific example of him doing something to a foreign leader?

And that's precisely what's wrong with this country.

There was a time in this country when people from both sides of the fence would sit around and enjoy each others company. Politicians and citizens alike would put aside their political differences and simply be cool to one another.

The event wasn't political and it was a once in a lifetime chance to go to a place very few will ever see. I couldn't stand Clinton but I jumped at the chance to meet him and go to the White House.

As for Birk, I support his right to free speech but feel he missed out on an opportunity. Missing that opportunity is his right, too.
    I don't disagree with your premise. I would have no issue shaking Bill Clinton's hand, or many democrats. It's THIS administration of Democrats that have not earned even one ounce of respect from me. IT is not the polarized dichotomy of values and ideals that separate us, it is INTENT. IT is my belief that this administration is NOT actively working to improve the status of our nation worldwide, but is in fact intentionally taking this country into the garbage.

Quote Originally Posted by akashicrecorder View Post
    Yup.

I guess if one day I have a chance to meet Birk, a crucial member of my favorite team in all pro sports, I'll just turn it down. I mean, as a pro-lifer, Birk probably prefers that pregnant women carry fetuses to term even if it endangers their lives, right? I couldn't stand to be in his presence. If Birk invited me to his home to look at his Super Bowl ring and reminisce about the 2013 playoffs, I'd refuse because 1) it's not like I'm depriving myself of anything cool, 2) his feelings would be hurt SO HARD.

/sarcasm
    I'm pro-choice... would love to meet Birk.

With me it IS specific to Obama and his cronies. It's not about minor differences in viewpoints on certain topics, it's the tactics that go with his INCREDIBLY liberal beliefs.

Blog Entries

So it's not specific to him, yet you site a specific example of him doing something to a foreign leader?
    Right. The standard is not specific to him, but the reason I feel that way about him is shown inn said example.

But anyway. I just went to lunch with a buddy who is a HUGE Obama supporter and asked would he have gone if it were Bush. HE said no but then after talking we both agreed that we actually would go regardless of the President to be with the team we won the championship with. If this were anything different than that (say a beer summit) we would like refuse.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    I don't disagree with your premise. I would have no issue shaking Bill Clinton's hand, or many democrats. It's THIS administration of Democrats that have not earned even one ounce of respect from me. IT is not the polarized dichotomy of values and ideals that separate us, it is INTENT. IT is my belief that this administration is NOT actively working to improve the status of our nation worldwide, but is in fact intentionally taking this country into the garbage.
    Kinda why I felt the way I do/did. If this were anything other than a team event I would refuse too.