Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Re: Ravens at the White House Stream

Here's a few notes for those that missed it.

Also, there's some doubt that Reed will be back in B'more for the Week 3 game....he could possibly miss it. :(

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by nickh0801 View Post
    Here's a few notes for those that missed it.

Also, there's some doubt that Reed will be back in B'more for the Week 3 game....he could possibly miss it. :(
    Is anyone surprised about reed?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looking at the pictures on Twitter makes me so proud - and I wasn't even born on the same continent. Can't imagine how proud those of you in the States and born in Bmore are.

On to the next Lombardi! GO RAVENS!!!
    "Flacco stepping up and throwing deep down the far sideline... CAUGHT!!! Into the endzone, TOUCHDOWN JACOBY JONES!!!!!"

Any word why Matt Birk and Michael Oher skipped the ceremony? While I know Birk doesn't see eye-to-eye with this President, he doesn't seem like the type that would blow this off to make a point - he's got too much respect for his former teammates. So I assume he had a prior commitment of some sort. I certainly wouldn't much care who was holding the office at the time - I'd go to experience this once-in-a-lifetime day.

And Oher is still a member of the team, so his excuse better be a good one. Otherwise, I can't imagine, 20 years from now, that he won't regret the decision not to be there.

Quite a contrast from the 2001 ceremony where half the team was in T-shirts and casually dressed. Everyone in a suit, "Mr. President" on the jersey. The Ravens handled this with class and respect this time around.

It was a cool ceremony and regardless of politics, I imagine it must be a huge thrill to meet the POTUS. The looks on the players' faces (especially Torrey Smith) when Obama came out reminded me of the looks on the faces of fans like us when we see a Ravens player in person.

If you're wondering where the more political posts went, check the politics board .....

Again, please refrain from political commentary on this thread ....