Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast
Results 16 to 30 of 95
  1. #16
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Location
    Eastern Shore
    Posts
    2,559

    Re: Ravens interested in Jamarcus Russell?



    Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I can't see that happening. They signed McKinnie, drafted Jensen and Wagner, and still have Oher, Osemele, Reid and Yanda on the roster. What would they need another big lineman for anyway?
    Exactly. The dude ballooned to 300+ pounds at one point. No thanks!
    "Screw it, let's ride"!




  2. #17

    Re: Ravens interested in Jamarcus Russell?

    I've been uneasy about the back up QB position since Bulger left.TT has some skills, but he has yet to show that he can be called upon to sit in the pocket and pick apart an opposing D should the situation call for it.

    It wouldn't be a bad idea to explore all options.




  3. #18

    Re: Ravens interested in Jamarcus Russell?

    Late Aprils fool joke? Those media guys will do anything to get their article talked about. Bet Harbaugh is laughing his ass off over this report.




  4. #19

    Re: Ravens interested in Jamarcus Russell?

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Chalk me up as someone who would be ok with them kicking the tires on Russell. I realize it is a rumor and not true, but if they did I would be ok with it.

    The fact of the matter is that Tyrod is athletic as hell, but isn't a very good passer. Especially from the pocket. Caleb Hanie is really not very good and he has a weak arm.

    A motivated Russell could (key word here..."could") be better than Tyrod or Hanie. He has a blue chip arm. He just didn't take it seriously in Oakland at all. I'm not even going to lay this on Oakland's feet, his flameout was all Jamarcus Russell. Still, if he is serious, he has talent and he's still young. Let him come in, earn it, impress some folks, and we may be able to ship him off for a draft pick next year to a potential QB-needy team (Jacksonville, Arizona, Chicago, San Diego, Cleveland, etc).
    Im with you. Id be fine with it. He has a youtube series following his comeback that i watched a good bit of. He was certainly a fuckup but i think he realizes it and is serious about it. For a camp body, wiyhout question. To take it further, the offense could remain the same if hes the backup instead of taylor and though he had issues he does have more experience than tyrod. Id be 100% onboard.
    -JAB




  5. #20
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,929
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Ravens interested in Jamarcus Russell?

    Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Im with you. Id be fine with it. He has a youtube series following his comeback that i watched a good bit of. He was certainly a fuckup but i think he realizes it and is serious about it. For a camp body, wiyhout question. To take it further, the offense could remain the same if hes the backup instead of taylor and though he had issues he does have more experience than tyrod. Id be 100% onboard.
    The arm strength is something that can't be coached.

    I remember when Russell was a rookie, receivers described his arm strength as a juggs machine. He has a cannon.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  6. #21
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,950
    Blog Entries
    1

    Re: Ravens interested in Jamarcus Russell?

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    The arm strength is something that can't be coached.

    I remember when Russell was a rookie, receivers described his arm strength as a juggs machine. He has a cannon.
    That was six years ago and he's been laying on the couch eating chicken and biscuits since then. You guys are nuts
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  7. #22
    Join Date
    Feb 2009
    Location
    Frederick, MD
    Posts
    31,929
    Blog Entries
    3

    Re: Ravens interested in Jamarcus Russell?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    That was six years ago and he's been laying on the couch eating chicken and biscuits since then. You guys are nuts

    Well, apparently he's been working pretty hard to get another shot for the past year.
    Milk is for babies. When you grow up, you have to drink beer.

    -Arnold Schwarzenegger



    Check out Fatherhood Rules - a blog site dedicated to sports, food, music, movies, and politics.
    http://fatherhoodrules.com




  8. #23
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pikesville
    Posts
    4,268
    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    That was six years ago and he's been laying on the couch eating chicken and biscuits since then. You guys are nuts
    Nobody wants to give him a 5 year contract. In fact I think my endorsement was the strongest and it included the caveat that I doubted he'd make the team.

    We want him because we can sign him to a no risk deal and maybe MAYBE get a quality back up out of him.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron




  9. #24
    Join Date
    Jun 2011
    Location
    over by the dental floss bush
    Posts
    17,950
    Blog Entries
    1
    Bring in Randy Moss too. Smh
    World Domination 3 Points at a Time!




  10. #25
    Join Date
    Sep 2010
    Location
    Pikesville
    Posts
    4,268
    If Moss had publicly accepted that he was a fuck up and was willing to take a backup role to earn a roster spot in the hopes that it could someday reenergize his career, AND we were as short camp WRs as we are on strong armed camp QBs, that would be a valid comparison.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron




  11. Re: Ravens interested in Jamarcus Russell?

    Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    Bring in Randy Moss too. Smh
    Jets should sign Moss and J. Russell. They need both, WR & QB.




  12. #27

    Re: Ravens interested in Jamarcus Russell?

    Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    Chalk me up as someone who would be ok with them kicking the tires on Russell. I realize it is a rumor and not true, but if they did I would be ok with it.

    The fact of the matter is that Tyrod is athletic as hell, but isn't a very good passer. Especially from the pocket. Caleb Hanie is really not very good and he has a weak arm.

    A motivated Russell could (key word here..."could") be better than Tyrod or Hanie. He has a blue chip arm. He just didn't take it seriously in Oakland at all. I'm not even going to lay this on Oakland's feet, his flameout was all Jamarcus Russell. Still, if he is serious, he has talent and he's still young. Let him come in, earn it, impress some folks, and we may be able to ship him off for a draft pick next year to a potential QB-needy team (Jacksonville, Arizona, Chicago, San Diego, Cleveland, etc).
    Agreed.

    Posters seems to think the Ravens are set at QB when in reality they don't have a back-up. Flacco goes down and this team goes into the 5-6 win territory fast.

    While its an incredible long shot why not see what he has. If he works out then you have your potential backup this year. If not he's gone at no real cost.




  13. #28
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Nottingham, England
    Posts
    797

    Re: Ravens interested in Jamarcus Russell?

    Whilst it's looking increasingly unlikely that it won't happen, I would be very intrigued to see it.

    The guy has lost something like more than 50lbs, and you don't lose that kind of weight unless you put the graft in and he's clearly more Flacco's style QB than Taylor. He has an absolute weapon for an arm.

    I like Taylor, but if Flacco goes down, the entire offence has to change, and it just would not be pretty. Bring Russell in, see how he handles camp and just go from there.
    I told everyone that if I went to Pittsburgh I would have to throw up on my jersey every time I played, - Double J will always be a Raven




  14. #29

    Re: Ravens interested in Jamarcus Russell?

    Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Nobody wants to give him a 5 year contract. In fact I think my endorsement was the strongest and it included the caveat that I doubted he'd make the team.

    We want him because we can sign him to a no risk deal and maybe MAYBE get a quality back up out of him.
    exact same situation as McClain, who Im pretty sure were not done with yet. Young guy with loads of potential that will not cost us a dime to look at. another lose nothing scenario, with plenty to gain.

    for the record, hes down to his rookie weight of 265. He never was a little dude but that certainly shows signs that hes dedicated to getting another shot as well as working with Garcia on mechanics on his own time/money. He may have been sitting around eating "chicken and biscuits" to cause the problems, but he hasnt been doing that lately.



    going back to what somebody said in another thread, sometimes we forget these are young men with other things going on in their lives. He may have cracked under the pressue of franchise QB while dealing with the loss of his uncles, but to be given a shot at being the backup? i really dont see the issue.
    -JAB




  15. #30
    Join Date
    Nov 2009
    Location
    Deep in the bowels of Maryland suburbia
    Posts
    1,982

    Re: Ravens interested in Jamarcus Russell?

    Just say no to ex-Raider busts. One was enough for this year.




Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
Russell Street Report Website Design by D3Corp Ocean City Maryland