Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 45678 LastLast
    Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    That would be a better option for sure.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Re: Ravens interested in Jamarcus Russell?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    I honestly can't believe some of you guys seriously want the ravens to sign the biggest bust in NFL history. A guy who has shown nothing and hasn't played in years.

Wow. Just wow.

I trust Ozzie and Harbaugh to make the right moves for the team and If they think bringing him in as a back up QB gives the team a better chance at repeating then I'm 100% in support of the move.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by TDL1000 View Post
    I trust Ozzie and Harbaugh to make the right moves for the team and If they think bringing him in as a back up QB gives the team a better chance at repeating then I'm 100% in support of the move.
    From all accounts they want no part of purple drank and neither do 30 other teams

Blog Entries

I honestly can't believe some of you guys seriously want the ravens to sign the biggest bust in NFL history. A guy who has shown nothing and hasn't played in years.

Wow. Just wow.

your definition of nothing is different than others including our FO and staff. Russell and mcclain at the very least have shown flashes. The team you root for and just won the championship obviously felt mcclain showed enough to warrant signing. If he didnt retire its possible hes earns a spot kn the 53 and smith is never signed. If they tryout russell it would be the same scenario all over again. I trust our FO and coaches and their definition of "something".
    -JAB

Blog Entries
    Is there any indication that they would consider bringing him in? I haven't seen it and I don't think anyone else has either.

Last edited by Ravenswintitle; 06-05-2013 at 09:07 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    Vick and Ray Lewis were all pros before the character stuff. Guys like Russell had zero success.

Look, as I said before, I'm not against second chances. But you absolutely have to give me something more than simply being a high draft pick at one point...or else it reeks of desperation. Yes I would have eagerly given Ray Lewis or even Vick to amceratin degree a second chance...they proved they were not only good players, but pro-bowl and all pro players BEFORE their legal issues surfaced.

You can talk yourself into anything if you are desperate enough.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Desperate really doesn't have anything to do with it. We're not desperate for a back-up QB, but I can understand why folks would want to see if Russell has improved. He's a camp arm that won't cost much, and could possibly be turned into a future draft pick.

Please don't think I want Russell anywhere near the Ravens. That much purple would probably send him into with-drawls.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Is there any indication that they would consider bringing him in? I haven't seen it and I don't think anyone else has either.

Reports Ravens Interested In QB JaMarcus Russell LB Daryl Smith

One of those interested teams is the Ravens, according to USA Today’s Mike Garafolo, NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport and CBS Sports’ Mike Freeman. However, ProFootballTalk.com reported there is no interest from Baltimore. Freeman said it’s tepid. So it’s up in the air.
    2 say interested, 1 said tepid, and another says not at all. The two that said they are also said they plan on bringing him in if he leaves Chicago without a deal. So well wait and see or never know depending how that goes. The team didnt come out and just say we want Daryl Smith either, it came from "leaked sources" so im not sure them showing "interest" publicly is a prerequisite of it being true or not.
    -JAB

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    Desperate really doesn't have anything to do with it. We're not desperate for a back-up QB, but I can understand why folks would want to see if Russell has improved. He's a camp arm that won't cost much, and could possibly be turned into a future draft pick.

Please don't think I want Russell anywhere near the Ravens. That much purple would probably send him into with-drawls.
    Which is why I think the reports are completely bogus.

Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Blog Entries

Could be the guy's agent trying to drum up interest.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Maybe the Ravens need a tackling dummy to simulate hitting Ben.
    I'm sure it would be harder to tackle Russell than one of those stupid standing free dummies.
    Well, it would be for me anyways...

You say completely bogus, I say they're complete bullshit.

EDIT: I just remembered this and thought it was funny because of 44's post. The biggest QB I ever hit was a 6'5 285 pounder. I was a 6'0, 240 pound senior DT in high school. He was a freaking sophomore. I sacked him, but I'd be willing to bet it hurt me more than it did him.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

I thought PFT was a rumor mongering site that was only good for increasing one's daily intake of horseshit. But now that they're saying something that many fans on here agree with, suddenly they have journalistic knowledge that those other reporters lack?

Interesting.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron