Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Ravens interested in Jamarcus Russell?

Bizarre.

http://www.usatoday.com/story/sports...bears/2389631/

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Same thought process as grabbing Rolando. Cheap, but supremely physically talented reclamation project who flamed out due to personal problems and being on a poorly run team.

From a pure physical talent standpoint he's not far behind Flacco, but obviously he would be competition for the third spot due to his current status as a total bust.

I'm fine with using him as a camp arm. At minimum he's better able to make the long bombs and laser straight outs that Joe makes which makes him a useful commodity for the back ups to train with when Flacco's not the one taking reps. But I would be utterly shocked if he makes it through more than a couple of preseason games.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Re: Ravens interested in Jamarcus Russell?

Quote Originally Posted by Raveninwoodlawn View Post
    I can't see that happening. They signed McKinnie, drafted Jensen and Wagner, and still have Oher, Osemele, Reid and Yanda on the roster. What would they need another big lineman for anyway?

It can't hurt to take a look at him. He can run the same offense Joe does, something that Tyrod is not suited for.

Annnnddd Nope

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...arcus-russell/

The Bears may not be the only team interested in quarterback JaMarcus Russell, the first overall pick in the 2007 NFL draft. But if another team is interested in Russell, we’re told it’s not the Ravens.

Quote Originally Posted by alien bird View Post
    I can't see that happening. They signed McKinnie, drafted Jensen and Wagner, and still have Oher, Osemele, Reid and Yanda on the roster. What would they need another big lineman for anyway?
    lol...well, maybe Cody needs to watch out now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Formerly Carpetbaggerville (IND) --now back in MD
    Blog Entries

Paaaaaaaaaaassssssssss.

Quote Originally Posted by ActualSpamBot View Post
    Same thought process as grabbing Rolando. Cheap, but supremely physically talented reclamation project who flamed out due to personal problems and being on a poorly run team.

From a pure physical talent standpoint he's not far behind Flacco, but obviously he would be competition for the third spot due to his current status as a total bust.

I'm fine with using him as a camp arm. At minimum he's better able to make the long bombs and laser straight outs that Joe makes which makes him a useful commodity for the back ups to train with when Flacco's not the one taking reps. But I would be utterly shocked if he makes it through more than a couple of preseason games.

The raiders being poorly run had zero to do with his flameout. It would hAve happened anywhere A rich young drug addict is the story here

Quote Originally Posted by duffybr View Post
    The raiders being poorly run had zero to do with his flameout. It would hAve happened anywhere A rich young drug addict is the story here
    Hence leading off with "personal problems" and acknowledging he's a reclamation project and a bust who would be unlikely to make the roster.
    My motto was always to keep swinging. Whether I was in a slump or feeling badly or having trouble off the field, the only thing to do was keep swinging. -Hank Aaron

Looks like it was just a rumor. Damn I thought we had another left tackle haha.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com...arcus-russell/

I honestly wouldn't be mad at that signing. He would be perfect to see WRs catch long passes in the 4th quarter's of preseason games, but I guess we signed enough free agent former 1st rd bust to last a couple yrs.

Blog Entries

see what happens when Flacco uses all the cap money on his new contract?

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!