Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Re: Courtney Upshaw's weight issues

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    "More ALPO please." ... Bc
    LOL.... Ya know that may make him lose ALOT of weight!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    According to Steve Davis, he apparently tweets his frequent excursions to clubs, parties and the night life.

I predict that Upshaw will have a short lived career. Remember this is a guy that was a H.S. and College All American as well as a 2 time National and SB champion all in the last 5-6 years. And to think he probably accomplished all of this (at least his part) in less than optimal shape. Also I would've been ticked when the team signed Elvis for the simple fact that he's taking my spot. Apparently Up seems to be pretty happy about being a backup.

Bottom line is the kid does not know what hard work is and while he seems to be likable and stays out of trouble he doesn't seem to have the drive to sustain his success when times get tough.

Hope I am wrong.
    I don't know what pisses me off more. The fact that Steve Davis talked out of his ass (what a surprise) and said that about Upshaw's tweets, or that you simply took his word as gold. Upshaw does not tweet about that kind of stuff.

I'll bet he has already lost some weight since practicing in the OTA's. Anyone know or has a recent photo? Steve Davis, yea he's one who needs attention, don't believe anything Davis says.

Jarret Johnson 2012
    40 tackles 1.5 sacks
    Courtney Upshaw 2012
    60 tackles 1.5 sacks
    Not bad for a fat boy! He will be in shape by the time camp starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    According to Steve Davis, he apparently tweets his frequent excursions to clubs, parties and the night life.

I predict that Upshaw will have a short lived career. Remember this is a guy that was a H.S. and College All American as well as a 2 time National and SB champion all in the last 5-6 years. And to think he probably accomplished all of this (at least his part) in less than optimal shape. Also I would've been ticked when the team signed Elvis for the simple fact that he's taking my spot. Apparently Up seems to be pretty happy about being a backup.

Bottom line is the kid does not know what hard work is and while he seems to be likable and stays out of trouble he doesn't seem to have the drive to sustain his success when times get tough.

Hope I am wrong.
    Whether this tweet story is true or not...to think he has everything he needs at age 23 is crazy. The dude would be broke in 30 minutes if he doesn't put 3-5 years of quality football together, starting now.

Quote Originally Posted by Miz89 View Post
    I don't know what pisses me off more. The fact that Steve Davis talked out of his ass (what a surprise) and said that about Upshaw's tweets, or that you simply took his word as gold. Upshaw does not tweet about that kind of stuff.
    Yes he does.

Go back and look at his timeline. Dude loves food and talks about it often.

Good thing the team values nutrition. Now that he's at Owings Mills, he won't have a choice but to eat healthy.

Blog Entries

The first thing we might want to do is accept the reality that Upshaw is not built or meant to truly play below 265.

Second, the diet is far more difficult to mold than people are letting on. It's all in the mind. Ray didn't start eating healthy himself, until Sharpe joined the team. He'd already been in the league for about four years.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

And that's why I said according to Steve Davis. If he reported it I can speak on it.

I could care less if you get pissed off. As a matter of fact why should I take your word that he doesn't tweet about his excursions?

Easy Ravens75

I took out your last sentence. That's not called for.

He's always posting pics of takeaways and stuff, you appear to be the one talking out of your ass

Upshaw is one of my favorite players. I like his physicality and the fact that there is always a chance of a forced fumble the way he hits.

I hope he gets it together because I like rooting for him.

For the Courtney Upshaw ledge dwellers...

http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...,0,89017.story
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver