Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Blog Entries

Re: RSR Music Thread

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post
    Best live show I ever went to was HFestival in 2000 ( I think). Started out in the morning with the Bloodhound Gang, don't remember who was between them and 3 doors down (I think that's who it was) but right after them it went Godsmack, Cyrpus Hill, Stone Temple Pilots and then RATM who I left before they came on because everyone I was with was wiped out and I was like I'll see them next time they come around.. and then they split up shortly after. AHHHH!

That sucks. I never got to see RATM either.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Quote Originally Posted by wickedsolo View Post
    I have never seen Metallica, but have always wanted to.

Primus is one of those bands that you either REALLY like or you REALLY don't. I happen to REALLY like them. I saw them at Bonnaroo two summers ago (2011) and they were fantastic. They played a lot of new stuff and Les Claypool used a standup orchestral bass a lot of the show. Very weird. They played a lot of the classics though, Jerry Was a Racecar Driver, Pork Soda, Tommy The Cat (one of my fav's), Wynona's Big Brown Beaver, and my all-time favorite song, Lacquer Head. The bass line and drums in that song just makes you want to groove out.
    Primus is probably my all-time favorite band, probably has a LOT to do with playing bass in High School, around the time they were at their "biggest"
    I think I've seen them 7 times??? I know I saw them two consecutive stops on the snowcore tour in around 04ish... 2 days apart. And they were very different shows.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by jonboy79 View Post
    Primus is probably my all-time favorite band, probably has a LOT to do with playing bass in High School, around the time they were at their "biggest"
    I think I've seen them 7 times??? I know I saw them two consecutive stops on the snowcore tour in around 04ish... 2 days apart. And they were very different shows.
    They're good for that.

They have so many songs and variants that they can play a lot of consecutive shows and very rarely play the exact same set.

For a 3 piece band, they're damn good.

Blog Entries

QUESTION:

Where does everyone buy their tunes. I use:

www.gomusicnow.com and

www.mp3va.com.

All these tunes just went up to 15 cents but the oldies are still 9 cents. GO MUSIC
    is based out of Russia.

Problem is, I use Safari and it doesn't except a lot of the tunes I buy from there.
    Windows does but I don't like their media players

The new windows X-BOX is nice but you can't burn CDs off because they give
    you a lot of free tunes so I can't burn off the music I bought from GO MUSIC.

Blog Entries

I'm an Apple user, so I normally buy stuff from the iTunes store.

Probably not as inexpensive as some other music outlets, but I don't have to worry about anything malicious being attached to what I am downloading.

Blog Entries

Yea, I bought $300 worth of itunes from Apple's itunes store back when they were 99 cents
    and still have them on my original ipod when it came out.

They're 1.20 for each tune now. I love the way their play lists are set up and it tells you exactly how many times you played each song, the most recent, and the your most favorites.

It's easy to use.

Guess I should go back to Itues store. I never had any probs with the others as far as
    downloading malicious stuff and have the most recent Kapersky security system.

I'm an Apple user, so I normally buy stuff from the iTunes store.

Probably not as inexpensive as some other music outlets, but I don't have to worry about anything malicious being attached to what I am downloading.
    Me too.

A fried of mine was one of the unlucky 10,000 or so the "industry" sued for using illegal file sharing. She had to pay $7,500 when it was all said and done. She had 20,000+ songs on her PC when they nabbed her.

I don't understand why people illegally download. Well, I do, but it's theft any way you cut it.

If someone puts in the blood, sweat and tears into making music and I like it, I gladly ship them a few shekels for their efforts.

Blog Entries

Oh, and anyone that is a fan of Fall Out Boy, their new album is really good too.
    I never liked Fall Out Boy, but I have to admit, that "My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark" song is pretty catchy. If I can ever figure out how to put together a fan video, I'm going to try to make a 2013 season primer set to that song.

Still write them off as teen pop rock crap, but there are plenty of those bands where I am fine liking one song out of all their stuff (Blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while, right?)
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Speaking of theft, there was also the case of the 12 yr old girl whose mom had to
    pay $3,000 for the tunes the girl stole and shared. The industry sued the little
    girl. The public was furious but the industry made a point.

That 3 grand was down from about 9 grand and they lived in the projects in
    NY. The industry said that's the case where the parents have to make sure they know
    what their kids are doing on the computer but I think I lot of people sent money
    in to help her.

There's also Pirate Bay where people down load thousands of torrents for movies.
    PB is always getting sued and they always bounce back. The danger with that site
    is there's tons of viruses. The more hits a torrent has the more chances of crashing
    your PC. I stole a movie once but didn't think it was theft because it was an oldie.

A sign came up on the screen saying they were considering awards. I never did it again.
    There's millions of people stealing movies and tunes but they don't go after you until
    you share them big time. It's theft.

Like I said above, I paid $300 when Itunes was brand new and download the tunes
    that cost 9 cents on the above links.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 06-10-2013 at 12:11 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    I never liked Fall Out Boy, but I have to admit, that "My Songs Know What You Did In The Dark" song is pretty catchy. If I can ever figure out how to put together a fan video, I'm going to try to make a 2013 season primer set to that song.

Still write them off as teen pop rock crap, but there are plenty of those bands where I am fine liking one song out of all their stuff (Blind squirrel finds a nut once in a while, right?)
    Agreed.

I have two of their songs but they tip toe too close to the pop line for my taste.

Not to say that all pop is bad though :D

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Me too.

A fried of mine was one of the unlucky 10,000 or so the "industry" sued for using illegal file sharing. She had to pay $7,500 when it was all said and done. She had 20,000+ songs on her PC when they nabbed her.

I don't understand why people illegally download. Well, I do, but it's theft any way you cut it.

If someone puts in the blood, sweat and tears into making music and I like it, I gladly ship them a few shekels for their efforts.
    When I was in college I definitely poached some tunes off of share sites...I think there is some ambiguity there regarding what classifies as illegally downloading something vs uploading music you bought onto a hosting site so other people can basically download the music that you paid for. Technically, you're gifting the music...even though you're gifting it to lots of people you don't know. When I was in college, the whole Napster thing, Limewire, and sites like that were really popular and easy to use. None of us really understood what we were doing.

However, now, I don't even mess with it. I'll stream stuff on Spotify, YouTube, etc, but if I want the music on my iPod I'll pony up the $$$ for it. Not worth dealing with those fines.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Speaking of theft, there was also the case of the 12 yr old girl whose mom had to
    pay $3,000 for the tunes the girl stole and shared. The industry sued the little
    girl. The public was furious but the industry made a point.

That 3 grand was down from about 9 grand and they lived in the projects in
    NY. The industry said that's the case where the parents have to make sure they know
    what their kids are doing on the computer but I think I lot of people sent money
    in to help her.

There's also Pirate Bay where people down load thousands of torrents for movies.
    PB is always getting sued and they always bounce back. The danger with that site
    is there's tons of viruses. The more hits a torrent has the more chances of crashing
    your PC. I stole a movie once but didn't think it was theft because it was an oldie.

A sign came up on the screen saying they were considering awards. I never did it again.
    There's millions of people stealing movies and tunes but they don't go after you until
    you share them big time. It's theft.

Like I said above, I paid $300 when Itunes was brand new and download the tunes
    that cost 9 cents on the above links.
    Speaking of which, one of the Pirate Bay owners is in today's www.thehackernews.com.

Didn't get to read specifically what about though. Probably something relating to copyright infringement, etc. As per usual.