Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Top 100 - Ngata at 42

Took a pretty big drop but he's been injured and his play dropped off after two great starts in 2011 and 12.

The thing that I can't take is all of this ball washing of the rapist and the outrage that he's number 61. I don't give a fuck how many plays he's made in the past, the guy can't stay healthy. Also he pissed away several games (see Dallas and the Broncos games) with pick 6's but all everyone says is that he makes more plays than God himself.

Please.

Next week or the week after when Joe checks in at 33 or lower then idiots like Heath Evans are going to go on an all out assault to get him off the list entirely.

Now they are ball washing Romo as if he's played all that great. Every time I see him he's making the critical mistake.

Re: Top 100 - Ngata at 42

Probably still a bunch of Ravens left that will be in the top 40. Flacco, Rice, Yanda, Lewis and Reed

Quote Originally Posted by CodyPKA View Post
    Probably still a bunch of Ravens left that will be in the top 40. Flacco, Rice, Yanda, Lewis and Reed
    Lewis will not be on the list because he retired. Reed might not be on it at all due to lack of productivity but his rep will probably put him on it.

There is a chance that Joe is left off if this is strictly based on regular season play.

Winning the Superbowl, the Ravens are getting a couple guys in the top 30 and maybe one in the top 10. Lewis should not be on this version, but Reed may. Isn't this the top 100 of 2013 meaning the season to come?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravens75 View Post
    Lewis will not be on the list because he retired. Reed might not be on it at all due to lack of productivity but his rep will probably put him on it.

There is a chance that Joe is left off if this is strictly based on regular season play.
    The list is the top 100 players of this past season. at least thats the way i understand it. so the fact that Lewis retired is moot. Lewis and Reed will be there simply out of respect. Flacco was in the top 100 last year, so it wouldn't make any sense that he isn't ranked this year

I guess i was wrong. wikipedia says it is based on both this past seasons performance as well as how people think they will perform next season. so Lewis probably won't be there

Quote Originally Posted by CodyPKA View Post
    Flacco was in the top 100 last year, so it wouldn't make any sense that he isn't ranked this year
    I am not so sure. RG III and Luck are ahead of Ben and Eli who are far more accomplished and honestly are better QB's right now. Matt Ryan had a great 2011 and didn't make last years list.

Players vote based off of different criteria I guess.

Ray won't be on. Ronde Barber was suppose to be 50 something but was removed when he retired. Reed will make it as a Texan because Boldin was considered a 9er. Apparently we still tied with the 9ers with 9 players, but I'm not sure who other than Ray Rice and Flacco could be left. I guess Torrey could but top 40 seems awfully high, same goes for Leach.

Edit: Yanda also didn't make it because they said only one o-lineman left.

Pitta
    Jacoby
    Boldin
    Pollard
    Suggs
    Ngata
    Ed
    Flacco
    Ray Rice

Joe Thomas has to be the o lineman thats left. Not surprised by Torrey being in that 30-40 range. He's consider a premier deep threat in the league and utterly annihilated future HOFamer Champ Bailey.

Also that NE game gave him an incredible amount of respect around the league given the circumstances he played through and the difference he made.

Edit: Torrey, Leach or Flacco won't make. Ed looks like he'll be in the 30's. Flacco is being hinted as well. My bet is Leach and Torrey along with Yanda are out.
    Last edited by Ravens75; 05-31-2013 at 08:59 AM.

Boldin, Pollard and Reed aren't Ravens. They said the 49ers have only had 3 players so far and 6 to go, which would be Boldin, Kaepernick and Staley. But then again if you take those players out I have no idea who could possibly be on the list.

In the clip of Haloti they had him pumping up the D-Line and O-Line, I don't think I've heard him talk with that much intensity :D

I don't think wiki has this right.

If you watch the show, they tell you straight up the criteria -- it's based on last years performance and it's 100% voted on by the players.

That said, I don't see Ray making it. Hurt a good portion of the year and was exposed in the playoffs and Super Bowl just how far he's fallen in pass coverage.

Flacco will be soon, IMO.