Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Purple Reign 2 Chapter 9 : Flacco turns down 90 million contract

Nestor? Is that you?

Re: Purple Reign 2 Chapter 9 : Flacco turns down 90 million contract

Our boy Joe has a set of balls. LOL!!

“My agent said to me, ‘Think about the worse possible situation and if you’re OK with that then hold your position,” Flacco said. The downside here would’ve been a catastrophic injury or a bad 2012 season on the field. “If I got hurt, I got hurt,” he said. “That’s the nature of the game. I was willing to look in the mirror and live with that.”
    "I don't know a man on this Earth who can outwork me". Ray Lewis

On one hand I despise Nestor, but on the other it probably will have some cool info in it (if it can be believed, of course). Argh...I dunno....
    Never get in a fight with a pig; you both get muddy, and the pig likes it...

Not just balls but tons of confidence. I wouldn't want to play poker with this guy. He gambled and cashed in big time.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    Nestor? Is that you?
    Likely someone from WNST.

That's the world's longest article... but I probably will get the book at some point.

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I found that chapter to be very interesting roll:

Blog Entries

If its true, one has to wonder if Biscotti was actually more involved in the Cam firing, I wouldn't say he's a hands off owner completely despite what people choose to believe around here.

People get over your Nestor hate and just read the article. It has good stuff in it.

I'd much rather support Nestor (he is indeed very arrogant and condescending and I'm glad he is off the air) than these out of town blowhards. At least I know Nestor loves Baltimore.

This looks like it will be a good book...he also has an excerpt about the process of drafting Flacco.

And I find it funny that people always want to doubt that station but are quick to live off of every word from Aaron Wilson as if he's never been wrong.
    Although Walsh's system of offense can compensate for lack of talent; however, defense is a different story. According to Walsh, talent on defense was essential and could not be compensated for. What did Walsh do in 1981? He acquired physical and talented players on defense.

Meh.

Too many negative interactions for me to hear what Nestor has to say.

When you burn bridges, it's tough to go back even if what you have to say may be of interest, use, etc.

I may have to get this. I love hearing those behind closed door conversation. Flacco has balls man. BIG ONES and to have a QB like that, success almost has to be in his future. He is absolutely fearless and this makes things like that TD throw to Pitta in the Superbowl between two defenders, that 3rd and 1 back shoulder throw to Boldin, and every other riduculous pass he's completed since his rookie year seem all the more a product of his makeup combiined with mucho talent. We are so fortunate to have this guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Stealthbirds80 View Post
    He is absolutely fearless and this makes things like that TD throw to Pitta in the Superbowl between two defenders, that 3rd and 1 back shoulder throw to Boldin, and every other riduculous pass he's completed since his rookie year seem all the more a product of his makeup combiined with mucho talent. We are so fortunate to have this guy.
    Couldn't agree more!!
    "Grab those pusillanimous sons-a-bitches by the nose and kick 'em in the balls.." General George S. Patton