I Would Have Left Hunter In The Game

Hunter was un-hittable.

Now Johnson...at the first sign of struggle, Showalter has to have a quick hook.

Re: I Would Have Left Hunter In The Game

Line drive out number one. Not a good sign.

After throwing a pitch 5 feet outside of the strike zone, he comes back with a great breaking ball. 2 outs.

Wow. Quick work on Espinoza. I guess that is why Buck is the manager and I am not!!

It will be important to get Johnson right again. Great first step. Great win by the Os.

Blog Entries

I'm on the line on what to do about the closer spot.

On the one hand, I was ready to just swap in O'Day there and put JJ back at O'Day's spot as the setup guy.
    But, I also feel like JJ is still the best option at closer, long term. So we need to let him work out of his funk.

If he had given up a couple hits to start last night, I would've quick hooked him. But, to some extent, you may need to sacrifice a game or two to see if he can work out of it.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    But, I also feel like JJ is still the best option at closer, long term. So we need to let him work out of his funk.

If he had given up a couple hits to start last night, I would've quick hooked him. But, to some extent, you may need to sacrifice a game or two to see if he can work out of it.
    I agree with you that you have to give Johnson an opportunity to work his way out of his funk. Hopefully, last night was a big step in the right direction.

My problem was Sunday's game, when Johnson threw upwards of 40 pitchers. And some point, you, me and the man behind the tree knew that Johnson didn't have it in him that day. Not sure what Buck was thinking by leaving him in the game.

Blog Entries

well here we go...JJ coming out with a 2 run lead in the 9th

UPDATE - 2 nights in a row, 2 saves. We have the old JJ back yet?
    Last edited by RavenScallywag; 05-30-2013 at 09:33 PM.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    UPDATE - 2 nights in a row, 2 saves. We have the old JJ back yet?
    Looking good...although, I have to say, the Nationals line-up is pathetic...yes, I know they have several players injured, but wow...I am surprised they've won as many games as they have. They better hope they don't get buried this weekend versus the Braves and they better hope that Werth, Harper, etc. can turn it back on when they get back, or the predicted National League Champions will be in some serious trouble.