Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Re: Chris Canty says Joe Flacco is a better quarterback than Eli

I agree Beau, it is very hard, the 2 Super Bowls debate is good, but Joe is still young. I still think both are great QB's.

The Greater Metropolitan Granite Falls, NC Area

drocks-
    I think you've hit the nail on the head - both QBs are pretty damn good! Whether one is "better" than the other sounds to me like a school yard debate! ;)

Quote Originally Posted by JAB1985 View Post
    Statistically theyre the same. Id still argue that hes had more talent around him and a better oc/system. As a QB id say flacco was better than eli 2 years ago.

I dont see why hed say anything different. Nothing to gain and almost every player goes the company line of their QB being the best if he worth half a damn.
    I've always thought that Eli was vastly over-rated. Defense won the giants 2 super bowls.

They're both clutch QBs. Maybe not the best stats around, but when the season is on the line I can't think of any QBs I'd take over them. Flacco gets the nod since he plays for us though.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock

Blog Entries

Again, what is Canty going to say here? There's two responses:

1. He's better than Eli
    2. Eli and Joe are both great QBs

The second one is a bit of a cop out, the 1st one is the route to go if you want to endear yourselves to your new fans.

I don't read this as any deep insight. I'm sure Boldin is going to say Kaepernick is a more dynamic QB than Joe and be nothing but complimentary of him over Flacco. And I wouldn't expect anything less
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by steelerhater View Post
    I've always thought that Eli was vastly over-rated. Defense won the giants 2 super bowls.
    He had game winning touchdown drives in both of them.

This seems to me just to be new player loving his team, however it was interesting as Canty being a defensive player that he threw in the "tape don't lie" quote.

Eli and Joe are similar QB's in some ways, a bit different in others. Their stats are similar, but Eli has had some really bad years thrown in there too.

Physically, Joe is more gifted in most every way.

Both are pretty much the definition of clutch.

Blog Entries

He didn't have to diss anyone. Just say how happy he is to be here to get another shot at a ring. Boldin hasn't dissed the Ravens saying JIm is a better coach than John. He knows Ozzie did him a favor by not trading to say, um, Buffalo or
    Miami.

Maybe Canty's pissed for being let go cause he was a cap casualty.

Whatever, I'm glad we have him. Who do they double team - Canty? Ngata? McPhee?

Suggs? Upshaw? Brown? Then we still have Spears, Jones and Brandon.

Someone is always going to get thru.

Air Flacco the voice of reason.

It is ridiculous to talk about 1 player in a team sport.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

With the tape dont lie quote he could have a point. I mean last year Flacco was money

Blog Entries

Joe was clutch even in NE a year ago when Evans dropped the ball in the end zone. Experts around the country were impressed at Joe under pressure.

Joe dropped it right in his lap. It wasn't JOe's fault he didn't secure the ball.

Same in Pissburgh a couple of years ago when Boldin dropped the ball on the goal line.
    TJ dropped another one but in each case Joe was money in the clutch and did his
    job. Those drops kept Joe from yet another SB.

Finally this year no one choked on him but in past years he didn't have the receivers
    Eli had like Cruz and Nicks et al. He had Mason who kept disappearing in the POs
    like in Piss and Indy and Evans and TJ choking on him but Joe was every bit as good
    as Eli while losing.

And of course, Boldin made up for PIss this year in NO.