1. I'm REALLY tired of this QB tripping!!!

Steve McNair tripped yesterday...This is getting a little ridiculous!:grbac: Every QB for the past three years has had a problem with tripping after the ball is snapped!!! This has to end

Re: I'm REALLY tired of this QB tripping!!!

Actually it has happened at least twice,and it didnt happen every game last year only a few that I can remember.

I could see how you could think it happened every week because that is what everyone talked about every day in bashing Boller.

Interesting I listened to 1570 all day and not one mention about the tripping,I guess because it is obvious that when Boller trips its his fault and when McNair falls its Flynns error.

In that situation, it is very rarely ever the QB's fault, I mean if he gets stepped on by the center, he is likely going to fall.

On the other hand, we have seen Boller trip and slip moving back in the pocket while not being touched by the Center, and he has also tripped up running with the ball.

They talked about this yesterday on ESPN radio. They say although you don't see it it happens to alot of QB's. I saw it last night on MNF Farve tripped dropping back. Last week Brady fell twice. So it's not just this team.

Last edited by Sports Steve; 10-03-2006 at 11:26 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by 52decleetzu View Post
    I guess because it is obvious that when Boller trips its his fault and when McNair falls its Flynns error.
    Rack that -- McNair has fallen down two or three times including preseason, but no one usually even mentions it. When Boller did the same thing, people wanted to shoot him.

And they aren't just falling down, an offensive lineman (usually but not always Flynn) is tripping them or stepping on their feet.

Mt. Arrogance in the middle of the .11 rolling acres of The Windbag Estates

Disagree. While it is true that Boller has also had his share of being stepped on by the center,f you actually watch Boller in action he just appears to be more of a clutz than a finely tuned athelete like McNair. I have yet to see McNair tripping over air.
    And this pre-season neither did Boller. The last time he "fell by himself" was Denver last year. How many other times can you name where he fell down without it being an OL stepping on his foot or tripping him?

How many other times can you name where he fell down without it being an OL stepping on his foot or tripping him?
    You can't. That's the thing. YOU CAN'T. It happened once. And somehow that gets translated into it happening all the time.

Greg, its not just the tripping and falling down by Boller it is his complete package, which is simply below par for a starting NFL QB.
    And this is where my debating this issue will end. A claim is made, it is challenged, then that claim isn't the issue, it is now a nebulous complete package thing.

To claim Boller is fragile is hilarious. The guy took a pounding behind our OL. McNair isn't stronger but he does move in the pocket better to avoid guys getting good shots on him to take him down. I have seen Boller plunge ahead and take hits to get a few extra yards.

Boller is frenetic, and playing 3 years behind Swiss cheese has not done anything to alleviate that. McNair is the better option behind this OL, but Boller's career is not done in my mind until I see him fail behind a good OL. Last year he was given time to throw in 2 games and he was great. That didn't just happen randomly.

Poise in crucial to the success of any NFL QB and Boller pretty much lacks it alltogether.
    The guy hasn't had decent protection for 3 years save a few games where he looked poised. It is something you can gain with confidence. I also saw a lot more growth in that area in the pre-season. He stood in the pocket and made passes with pressure all around him.

If you constantly beat a dog that dog will assume the next time he sees you a beating is coming. That applies to people as well. If a QB is continually pummeled behind his OL he will assume the next snap will involve a beating. There is a correlation.

P.S. I don't bet with people I don't know, especially ones who can change screen names and use IP anonimyzers to hide themselves...not that anybody here would do that.

Quote Originally Posted by Tex Ritter View Post
    He also appears to be physically weak compared to many bigger and stronger QB's.
    :grbac:

You guys keep looking at the QB. But really....who was/is the center for these QBs? Mike Flynn is the real problem. The guy sucks...period. He gets pushed back on the snap and the QBs trip because of it. He needs to be replaced in a big way.
    M&T Bank Stadium - Section 513
    Proud Season Ticket Holder since 1998

Southeast England,where the only Raven flag flutters.

I have heard a few times on TV and radio,its usually a guard and not the center stepping on the QB's feet.But what the hey hoe,Flynn is as good enough to blame as any.
    Put the smile back on your face.This is a 60 minute ball game.