Thread: Team Captains

Blog Entries

Team Captains

So, according to.. http://http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/..._team_captains wikipedia (yea i know... great source)

the ravens allocate their team captains on a weekly basis.. Fair enough.

Going forward without #52 and #20 in particular does anyone think

A) that harbs will allocate new team captains; complete with the uniform C patches?

and
    B) who would be the 3 or 6 deserving ravens? (1 or 2 each for O, D and ST) we obviously have numerous high character rookies, players who should 'automatically evolve' into captains who were here in 2012 and incoming FAs

Interested to hear peoples thoughts on this, whether it be stay with weekly captains (i remember once or twice, a player is nominated as captain when facing their hometown club or some such) ... does anyone else know how else this is allocated? Ie putting in a huge effort in practise that week..

Blog Entries

Re: Team Captains

I don't see us making anyone official captains. The team captains are usually the coin toss guys, nothing more. And we usually revolve that to honor certain guys on certain games. Like if we're playing a guy's former team, we'll make him a team captain. I don't even think Ray Lewis was always out there for the coin toss every game, but maybe I was wrong about that.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

I never paid much attention to the game captains, but if I had to choose it would be Joe Flacco and Terrell Suggs. If the Ravens don't use team captains and change it up from week to week, that is actually pretty cool, if it ain't broke don't fix it.

ARE YOU NOT ENTERTAINED?!

Blog Entries

My wife likes to think of herself as the family "Captain", and me as the 1st Mate. I'm cool with that. She makes the decisions about where the family will go on vacation, what our nightly dinners will be, and what kind of car we will drive. Meanwhile, I am in charge of the family policy on North Korea, Winter snow removal, and watching Ravens games on TV. I feel like I am in control of the most important things ;) ... Bc

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    My wife likes to think of herself as the family "Captain", and me as the 1st Mate. I'm cool with that. She makes the decisions about where the family will go on vacation, what our nightly dinners will be, and what kind of car we will drive. Meanwhile, I am in charge of the family policy on North Korea, Winter snow removal, and watching Ravens games on TV. I feel like I am in control of the most important things ;) ... Bc
    Master of 'Gifs for dummies'

"The world called for wetwork, and we answered. No greater good. No just cause." - Kazuhira Miller

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by BcRaven View Post
    that would make your sister-in-law, the anchor...

amiright?
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post

amiright?

Or Gopher, the Yeoman Purser who always showed up, said something stupid and never appeared to have any actual responsibility.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    amiright?
    LOL...U R correct sir... Bc

Blog Entries

If they had fixed captains, it would probably be Flacco, Rice, and Suggs...but I don't think they'll do that.
    back on twitter

"Well that was an appropriate last ride for Pees. A Bengals WR streaking in for a game winning touchdown in the closing minutes is the man’s preferred medium to express his art." - GreenWave52