Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Re: British soldiers hacked to death in London by muslim extremists

Quote Originally Posted by darb72 View Post
    He was ran over with a car then attacked with a meat cleaver. They weren't on a battlefield, they were in the suburbs. That's the difference right there.
    Exactly where are the battlefields in the "War on Terror"? And how is this different than the "Muslim extremist soldiers" killed by the West, most of which when they are targeted (often by drone strikes) are at home or driving in their cars, not engaged in a "battle" on a "field"?

The terrorist turn their own countries into war zones. The U.S. has made tragic mistakes in the war on terror where innocent people have been killed. Terrorist target innocent people and rejoice in their suffering.
    But that is my point. This was not a random attack on innocent civilians. This person was a soldier serving in a military that is currently in an armed conflict with terrorist groups, and he was clearly targeted as such. His death is certainly tragic to his family members (as all deaths are), and the manner in which he died is certainly brutal (although I would be hard pressed to find war deaths that are anything else), but I find it interesting how he is somehow viewed as an "innocent" "victim".
    Last edited by JohnBKistler; 05-29-2013 at 07:51 AM.

Re: British soldiers hacked to death in London by muslim extremists

My quote about innocent people wasn't just in reference to the British soldier. It was about the attitude of terrorist.

Also, and this is important to remember, the people who attacked him are considered terrorists. We are fighting a war on terror. Any attack by a member of a terrorist organization is, by it's very definition, an act of terrorism.
    "A moron, a rapist, and a Pittsburgh Steeler walk into a bar. He sits down and says, “Hi I’m Ben may I have a drink please?”
    ProFootballMock