Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Re: What is wrong with Joe Namath.

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    Hire a new coach and chain him to Sanchez because they couldn't cut him? That wasn't going to happen. Rex is done after this year. I'll put money on it.
    Perhaps Rex is gone after this year but it won't be because he's a lame duck or the team is waiting it out a year. I have no illusions. Rex is on a short leash. But if he wins the division, he's staying.

Rex isn't responsible for Sanchez not being able to be cut. Tannenbaum was and he's now a sports agent instead of an NFL GM. Yes, Rex backed him too much and may have pushed to extend Sanchez given his previous say in personel matters.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    But if he wins the division, he's staying.
    Yes and I'm the queen of england.

They will finish behind NE and Miami.

So Your Majesty, are you saying he will get canned even if he wins the division?

Or that it's unlikely he will win the division?

If it's the later, I agree it's not likely, but there are teams every season that come out of nowhere.

They will finish behind NE and Miami.
    And probably tie the Bills

Namath - Booze, coke and too many shots to the dome.

NYJ - Yesterday...OTAs day 1 post-presser, and Rex is already frustrated with his QBs. I'm not surprised that he feels that way (they both had ishtty sessions), but I am surprised that he verbalized it. It's only May ffs.

It's going to get worse before it gets better for that franchise. Eventually, Geno > Sanchise, but with an improved MIA, NYJ is looking at 4 divisional losses alone in 2013. Plus our division and the NFCSouth is on their schedule.

Rex already has a toe up his ass. The rest of the foot is coming in January.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post
    He really does need to put his best foot forward this year.

Years of putting his foot in his mouth are wearing thin on people.

Quote Originally Posted by BigPlayReceiver View Post

He really does need to put his best foot forward this year.

Years of putting his foot in his mouth are wearing thin on people.
    I agree. He needs to walk-the-walk.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Cool Re: What is wrong with Joe Namath.

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Namath is over-rated.

I don't think he "Saved the AFL" by winning SB III, the merger had already happened, if that is what you meant. He certainly was part of forcing the merger, but that was before this game.
    Plus, he didn't win SB 3 as much as the Colts just plain lost it. People forget that the Colts threw 4 interceptions in the game but all anyone ever talks about is the interception off of the flea flicker to Jerry Hill just before the first half ended and Namath's passing as being the reasons the Colts lost.

That is a lie!

The real reasons were: (1) Jet's RB Snell running for around 140 yards to establish ball control (Colts stopped everyone's running game all year except for the Browns with Leroy Kelly gaining over 100 yards in the game) and (2) the other 3 interceptions in the game all occurring in the Jets' end zone. When was the last time that you saw a game where a team threw 3 interceptions in the end zone? Try almost never.

The Colts were moving the ball almost the entire game on the ground and through the air (Tom Matte had close to 120 yards rushing). However, they foolishly refused to run when they were closer to the end zone and it cost them the game!

Really, Snell was the most valuable player, not Namath but Joe had the bigger mouth and when he was picked as the All-Pro QB that year (and he didn't even complete 50% of his passes) thanks to the bias NY press, his legend was secured forever!

Namath was a joke then, and he's a pathetic joke now!

Blog Entries

So Your Majesty, are you saying he will get canned even if he wins the division?

Or that it's unlikely he will win the division?

If it's the later, I agree it's not likely, but there are teams every season that come out of nowhere.
    Come on Houston, to even think they'd stand a chance at winning the division.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

It all makes sense. They are stuck with Sanchez, who Rex was largely responsible to selecting and keeping out there when he stunk up the joint. Rex helped Tannebaum stroke Sanchez's ego with that raise.

The new GM is going to wait until Sanchez is off the books (Or close enough to it), to can him AND Rex, while bringing in his choice for Head Coach, next year, with a far superior QB class coming out.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Greg View Post
    Namath is over-rated.

I don't think he "Saved the AFL" by winning SB III, the merger had
    already happened, if that is what you meant. He certainly was part of forcing
    the merger, but that was before this game.
    Over-rated? He never went back to the SB or even the playoffs but he got a
    ring beating us. Bret Farve only has 1 ring. Manning only has 1 ring.

I said that he saved it when he signed with Jets instead of the NFL
    team that drafted him. Al Davis made sure the Jets got the rights because he
    wanted to play in NY. Pete Rozelle didnt' have that vision to give the rights to the
    NY Giants.

But, I read long ago there was a clause in the merger agreement
    that if the NFL won the first 3 Super Bowls, then the merger was
    voided.

Whatever, no Nameth, no AFL and the NFL wouldn't have passed
    baseball as the national past time.

Nameth had the quickest release in the game which is what beat the Colts and their
    mighty blitz and zone defense. Weeb told his receivers before the game just find the
    dead spots and Joe will hit you.

I read where Flacco's release was quicker this year and that contributed to his great
    success but no where near as quick as Joe's or Manning's.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 05-23-2013 at 02:14 PM.