Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Re: What is wrong with Joe Namath.

Quote Originally Posted by moose10101 View Post
    What, you're expecting accuracy from a guy who thinks Sammy Baugh played for Paul Brown? Let him ramble.

Blog Entries

and according to this report on Yahoo, 80 to 90% of players want to move on from Sanchez... of course they quote the legendary unnamed source: http://sports.yahoo.com/news/york-je...204700046.html

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Rick19 View Post
    I thought the Colt's only touchdown that day was a run by Jerry Hill.
    You're right. My bad. I was going by memory and got the QB wrong too but I was right in
    saying Brown told Unitas to wait til next year.

But even Mr. Uber was called out on the other thread for getting the facts wrong and he said he thought it was something else like I thought the QB was someone else. Shit happens.

I got the 4,000 yards right and all those all star games and btw, Flacco hasn't hit 4,000
    yds yet but both are SB MVPs. See nfl.com. He got just over 3800 yds.

Just think what Namath's completion rate would have done with WCO and all these pussy rules changes Goodell has given the Marsha's of the game. I said above Colts would have had a lot of penalties today with all those late hits. Walsh invented the WCO for his lousy QB. Just think
    what Namath would have done with it. Namath would have won 2 more SBs with Walsh like
    Montana. You gotta put his passing stats in his era.

He is ranked in the top 30 all time QBs despite missing a substantial portion of what would be the prime years for a lot of quarterbacks (missing 28 games between ages 27 and 30). The one year he played almost a full season during that stretch (1972), he led the league in passing yards, touchdowns, yards per attempt, adjusted yards per attempt, net yards per attempt, and adjusted net yards per attempt. Oh, and he completed 50% of his passes, so he sucked.

Bear Bryant said Namath was the best athlete he ever had and that includes you know who. Before his knees went up he could run and roll out. He sucked the Ds up and then he stopped and threw over them.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 05-24-2013 at 07:46 PM.

Cool Re: What is wrong with Joe Namath.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    You're right. My bad. I was going by memory and got the QB wrong too but I was right in
    saying Brown told Unitas to wait til next year.

I got the 4,000 yards right and all those all star games and btw, Flacco hasn't hit 4,000
    yds yet but both are SB MVPs. See nfl.com. He got just over 3800 yds.

Just think what Namath's completion rate would have done with WCO and all these pussy rules changes Goodell has given the Marsha's of the game. I said above Colts would have had a lot of penalties today with all those late hits. Walsh invented the WCO for his lousy QB. Just think
    what Namath would have done with it. Namath would have won 2 more SBs with Walsh like
    Montana.

Bear Bryant said Namath was the best athlete he ever had and that includes you know who. Before his knees went up he could run and roll out. He sucked the Ds up and then he stopped and threw over them.
    "Walsh invented the WCO for his lousy QB..."

No, he did it to utilize the strengths of the entire personnel on the team
    not his "lousy QB". And if by lousy QB you actually mean, Joe Montana, now I really am speechless!

Perhaps you can tell all of us who is a great QB, if you mean, Montana is not!

Blog Entries

I was talking about when Walsh was in Cinci, man. He took it with him to SF but Carter couldn't
    throw deep so he had him throwing short passes horizontally - east to west, not north to south.

Walsh needed something for a agile but weak armed Quarterback named Virgil Carter. Carter was the Bengals quarterback in 1970. He could move and throw very accurately but only in short yardage. He didn’t have the arm for the longer patterns. Walsh being the genius he was invented what is known as the West Coast offense. He took it with him to San Francisco when he got the head coach job and the rest is history.

I thought you knew that, man.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 05-24-2013 at 09:10 PM.

Bear Bryant said Namath was the best athlete he ever had and that includes you know who.
    Forrest Gump?
    "This space for rent" - Roger Goodell

Cool Re: What is wrong with Joe Namath.

I was talking about when Walsh was in Cinci, man. He took it with him to SF but Carter couldn't
    throw deep so he had him throwing short passes horizontally - east to west, not north to south.

Walsh needed something for a agile but weak armed Quarterback named Virgil Carter. Carter was the Bengals quarterback in 1970. He could move and throw very accurately but only in short yardage. He didn’t have the arm for the longer patterns. Walsh being the genius he was invented what is known as the West Coast offense. He took it with him to San Francisco when he got the head coach job and the rest is history.

I thought you knew that, man.
    Nope! I never knew this. I stand corrected! Thanks!

Blog Entries

Thanks and my point was, like Carter's numbers dramatically increased, Namath's completion percentage would have increased in a WCO, especially if he was the QB on those great SF teams that had the great MOntana who also threw tons of short passes.
    Last edited by AirFlacco; 05-25-2013 at 01:07 AM.