Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Blog Entries

Re: 49r's Crabtree Injured

Quote Originally Posted by inexplicable View Post
    This is a pretty big blow for them - in 2012, WRs not named Crabtree only had 662 yards. He's the WR that Kaepernick had the best rapport with, he's become a huge part of their offense.

They have the talent in house to replace him (Williams, Patton, Jenkins as well as Manningham, Davis and Boldin), but it's unproven talent. The offense will cope, but this is bad.
    Good thing they got Boldin. HARBs laid him in their laps but it took Joe a couple of years to get into sync with him
    like they were in the playoffs and SB.

K just isn't going to light it up with Boldin at first.

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    Good thing they got Boldin. HARBs laid him in their laps but it took Joe a couple of years to get into sync with him
    like they were in the playoffs and SB.

K just isn't going to light it up with Boldin at first.
    CK will have to earn his accolades this year, same with Jim harbaugh. Winning coaches make do with what they have, ask John Harbaugh.

Blog Entries

Mario Manningham is not going to make up for Crabtree. Manningham is a 1-trick pony and an inconsistent one at that. He should be a #3 receiver.

Boldin will be nice, but he's in a different type of offense with a different QB. It is going to take some time for him to get in sync with Kaepernick, if they ever do. He's only got a year left on his current deal.

IMO, Quinton Patton is the obvious choice to get a lot of Crabtree's looks. Crabtree and Patton have a similar body type and similar skill set. It may take some time for him to figure out playing WR in the NFL, but I think he'll probably work faster than many think.

AJ Jenkins...wow...that dude should have never been a round 1 pick. He couldn't even get on the field last year and after Crabtree it isn't like the Niners had a lot of productive receivers. Even after Manningham and Kyle Williams got hurt and were shut down for the year, Jenkins still didn't even really see the field.

Guess it is a good thing they drafted Vance McDonald. I could see them running a lot of dual TE sets with Vance McDonald split out wide.
    Disclaimer: The content posted is of my own opinion.

Reason #2 on why this sucks for Crabtree...2013 was most likely going to be a prime extension year for him, and if not that, certainly an "ammo building" year to set-up an extension in 2014--the final year of his rookie contract.
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Crabtree seemed like the only one on that team who took the SB loss like a man and didn't spend the following days whining and crying about how the Niners were robbed. Even immediately after the 4th down play, he just walked to his sideline without saying a word while his coach is screaming and signalling hold like a psycho. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Quote Originally Posted by Losac View Post
    Crabtree seemed like the only one on that team who took the SB loss like a man and didn't spend the following days whining and crying about how the Niners were robbed. Even immediately after the 4th down play, he just walked to his sideline without saying a word while his coach is screaming and signalling hold like a psycho. Wishing him a speedy recovery.
    I too wish him a speedy recovery, but he was right there with the rest of them whining ....

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--49...052638123.html

Quote Originally Posted by HoustonRaven View Post
    I too wish him a speedy recovery, but he was right there with the rest of them whining ....

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/nfl--49...052638123.html
    Well, he seems to have said mixed things about it. There's the article below, and during the actual game right after the play he didn't say a word, or run up to the ref and ask where the flag was, or throw his hands up looking for the flag like every WR seems to do nowadays when they don't catch a ball.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap100...uper-bowl-loss