Page 32 of 41 FirstFirst ... 3031323334 ... LastLast

Thread: OTA Tidbits

Blog Entries

Re: OTA Tidbits

Quote Originally Posted by Paintballguy View Post
    So much for "run game coordinator" Castillo. Can we all agree that he's the o-line coach?
    Where's Moeller?

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Terpsfan82 View Post
    Where's Moeller?
    Exactly. It's very weird to me. Why didn't they just fire Moeller if Castillo was just going to coach up the o-line?

Quote Originally Posted by Ravenswintitle View Post
    LOL - Upshaw. Practicing in a heavy shirt is not how you lose weight...unless it's all fluids
    He might lose the weight but he won't have slimmed down. He needs a dietician. He's taking the easy way out to hit his target weight

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by NCRAVEN View Post

It's like I keep saying. Who do they double team?

Ngata?
    Canty?
    Brandon?
    McPhee?
    Suggs?
    Elvis?
    Jones?

Then there's Brown and Upshaw.

Someone will always be open to break thru.

The rotation in the front seven of the defense is going to keep us extra fresh late in the season and late in games, while other teams are sucking wind.

So much for "run game coordinator" Castillo. Can we all agree that he's the o-line coach?
    Consider the source but

Castillo boosting the O-line

The Ravens had hired Juan Castillo as the run game coordinator, but he is basically handling the offensive line. If you watch practice, he was a great pick-up by Harbaugh.
    New guys looking good

You usually can't talk about the success of a draft class until three or four years afterward, but the Ravens 2013 class seems to shaping up well. Safety Matt Elam, the first-round pick, has made numerous plays in practice and is constantly around the ball. Williams, a third-round pick out of Missouri Southern State, is tough to move inside and can also get penetration as a pass rusher.

Second-round pick Arthur Brown, an inside linebacker, has great speed and surprising strength. He has already made a fan out of running back Ray Rice, and fullback Kyle Juszczyk might surprise some people as a lead blocker when training camp opens.

Three of the four could have immediate impact. That's pretty impressive.

The versatile Caldwell

Most offensive coordinators have a script of 10 to 15 plays to open a game, but Jim Caldwell has about five or six scripts. When certain plays aren't working, he quickly goes and moves on to another script to help his team find a rhythm.

That's one of the major reasons why he is one of the best play callers in the NFL.
    So refreshing to read that about Cadwell.
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...#ixzz2W9JHyTy3
    Last edited by Justlovemybirds; 06-13-2013 at 09:28 PM.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    He has an amazing amount of energy and is extremely technical. He is the best offensive line coach the Ravens have had since Kirk Ferentz came to Baltimore with the team from Cleveland for the 1996 season.

Castillo stays on everyone, including giant left offensive tackle Bryant McKinnie. McKinnie has worked hard during the offseason, and he might have the best season of his 12-year career working under Castillo.

"Juan [Castillo] is a pretty good coach," McKinnie said. "He focuses on our technique, and that's something that I kind of get away from sometimes. So right now is a great time for us to work on our technique and me in pass protection — sitting straight back. So Juan's been a great help."
    He's the o-line coach. I don't care what anyone says.

Moeller must have incriminating photos of someone.

He's the o-line coach. I don't care what anyone says.

Moeller must have incriminating photos of someone.
    Yeah, I'm not exactly sure whats keeping Moeller around but he seems to be the O-line coach in name only.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Justlovemybirds View Post
    Consider the source but

So refreshing to read that about Cadwell.
    http://www.baltimoresun.com/sports/r...#ixzz2W9JHyTy3
    A d damn that's Preston

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!

I know an offensive lineman that was drafted this year who was looked at by the Ravens. When we talked about Baltimore he mentioned that they had one of the best O Line coaches... I said Moeller? He said no, Juan Castillo. He told me that Castillo was definitely the O Line Coach.

I never thought Castillo was there to be a run game coordinator, that title doesn't match his abilities. Call him what you want, but he's been evaluating talent and now coaching the OL. Our coaching staff is upgraded from last year at this time with the addition of Castillo and Caldwell.

I bought in to the run game coordinator stuff.

Bad on me. He's obviously not that.