Page 31 of 41 FirstFirst ... 2930313233 ... LastLast

Thread: OTA Tidbits

Blog Entries

Re: OTA Tidbits

the word on Adrian Hamilton is they don't expect it to be too serious. Maybe just a muscle sprain.
    “When I think of a Baltimore Raven - we go in there, we take your lunch box, we take your sandwich, we take your juice box, we take your applesauce, and we take your spork and we break it. And we leave you with an empty lunch. That’s the Baltimore Raven way.” - Steve Smith Sr.

Call me a Special Teams coach again. I dare you! I double dare you, MFer!

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by RavenScallywag View Post
    the word on Adrian Hamilton is they don't expect it to be too serious. Maybe just a muscle sprain.
    good to hear. I think hes likely on the bubble as is but hopefully makes the cut.
    -JAB

Quickies...

Matt Zenitz ‏@mzenitz 1m
    Ed Dickson didn't practice today after leaving early yesterday, but John Harbaugh said Dickson has just a strained groin

Aaron Wilson ‏@RavensInsider 1m
    Tommy Streeter returned to practice today
    "The Ravens are not taking Jimmy Smith at 26!" -- Me, the day before the 2011 Draft

"On their way to the podium, the Ravens FO is going to collectively step over my dead body and select...Breshad Perriman." -- Me, the day before the 2015 Draft

Missed it by That Much: The story of 'Get Smart' and the modern day Baltimore Ravens

@BigPlayReceiver

Quote Originally Posted by runrayrun27 View Post
    Yeah that's what I'm thinking as well, but the news on Suggs seems pretty real. It is obviously evident he's in amazing shape and hearing that Doom is working hard is great news. Those two coming from both sides would make any QB shit their pants
    Ngata, Williams and co. will prevent stepping up into the pocket with an improved push up the middle. Quarterbacks will be uncomfortable with a pocket collapsing in all directions.

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by Bigfish View Post
    Ngata, Williams and co. will prevent stepping up into the pocket with an improved push up the middle. Quarterbacks will be uncomfortable with a pocket collapsing in all directions.
    I can't wait.

I need my football fix now.

:)

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by srobert96 View Post
    He is an OLB. Yes he is going to weigh more due to his body type but there is no excuse to have a gut. There is not a body type that it is ok to have a gut. There are positions like dline and oline where it is ok. There is no reason he cannot be trim other than he lacks the will to do it. I am sure it is harder for him to lose weight than other players. He looks more than a few pounds overweight in the picture. He looks to be pushing 300lbs. I don't remember JJ ever coming in fat and out of shape. Who he was in college means nothing in the pros. He is an OLB in the pros. He cannot get away with not being professional about his body in the pros. In college you can get away with it. If that is the way it is move him to DE and be done with it. If he is going to be a LB he needs to be trim. Being slow footed he cannot afford to carry all of this extra weight. Vince Wilfork is a NT. That is not an appropriate comparison. I am not worried about Ngata being heavy for the reasons you mention. I am very worried about an OLB looking like a NT.
    Hello? Jerome Bettis?
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Blog Entries

Quote Originally Posted by AirFlacco View Post
    I can't wait.

I need my football fix now.

:)

Blog Entries

Perhaps people are undervaluing the importance of actual playing time during the season. Neither Thompson or Doss were going to get it with Boldin on the roster.
    "Please take with you this final sword, The Excellector. I am praying that your journey will be guided by the light", Leon Shore

Quote Originally Posted by The Excellector View Post
    Perhaps people are undervaluing the importance of actual playing time during the season. Neither Thompson or Doss were going to get it with Boldin on the roster.
    Yep. I played soccer throughout my youth and I remember when I was 15 we had a Player A on our team didn't play a single minute because the Player B in front of him was amazing. Next year Player B went on to play for the Olympic circuit and Player A stepped up in his place. He scored 25 goals in 24 games. Playing time is CRUCIAL in player development. Athletes are a fragile bunch, confidence is everything.

Day 3 Highlights

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/news/...f-72e091a3cdc0

Run Game Coordinator Juan Castillo is incredibly active in working with the offensive line. He’s enthusiastic and energetic, and puts himself right in the drills with the players. He’s constantly talking with the linemen and running them through the drills. It’s easy to see why the linemen have responded so well to working with him.
    Quarterback Joe Flacco was sharp during practice, distributing the ball all over the field to a number of receivers. Watching him is impressive, as he has great anticipation for receivers in their routes. Most of the time he’s starting to throw the ball before the receiver is even open, but he can anticipate where they’re going to be. It really is fun to watch.
    Outside linebacker Courtney Upshaw is clearly trying to slim down before training camp, practicing the last two days in a heavy sweatshirt. Upshaw has acknowledged that he has to lose about 15 pounds before camp opens next month.
    David Reed had a few nice plays in the passing game. In one situation, he found the soft spot in the middle of the defense and took a pass from Flacco for about a 40-yard touchdown. He also hauled in a tough catch down the sidelines with a defender draped over his back.

Blog Entries

So much for "run game coordinator" Castillo. Can we all agree that he's the o-line coach?

Blog Entries

LOL - Upshaw. Practicing in a heavy shirt is not how you lose weight...unless it's all fluids

World Domination 3 Points at a Time!